Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the size/length and brand name of the belt that will work with the JRSC BBK on a non-AC equipped Zetec engine ?

I guess the kit only comes with an AC equipped Zetec belt.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anyone know the size/length and brand name of the belt that will work with the JRSC BBK on a non-AC equipped Zetec engine ?

I don't have the information in my memory banks but I'll get you an answer.

·
Registered
287 Posts

I believe the belt length you need is around 82" +-.25".

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for information.
This was my only/last concern with getting the JRSC and BBK.

Now I'm ready to get/order the JRSC and the BBK.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just put one on mine.....sorry don't browse here much, actually Oscar PM'ed me on this.

I have a 81.7" belt...it's really tight

It needs some major convincing to get on.....it's definately not ever coming off! LOL!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Is this the correct serpentine belt type/shape ?

Click here
If you have the late model alternator bracket w/o a/c your belt length will be 98" using the SVT belt routing. If you have the early alternator bracket your belt length will be 93" using the Zetec belt routing.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are the diagrams in the SVTF and Standard Focus JRSC install manuals.

Do does the SVTF belt routing go to the Crank first after the steering pump then the water pump ?

That's the only difference I can tell.

Also, the stock belt with no AC on the standard Focus is 77.5" right ?

If that's true and I use this calcuation found in this thread(Click here), it says my belt size should be 81.4", which is close to the 81.7" used by Ryan.

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I get the right size and type of belt so I don't bother anyone at the last minute when I'm doing the install.

thanks.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you have the late model alternator bracket w/o a/c your belt length will be 98" using the SVT belt routing. If you have the early alternator bracket your belt length will be 93" using the Zetec belt routing.
Is there a way to tell which bracket I have ?

My car is a 2003 ZX3.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts