Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be very careful people. Courtesy Ford in Portland, OR "smoked" (their worde, not mine) my ECU while attempting the flash. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the JRSC, but being without mt beloved Foci for even a few days, really sucks!
A simple word of warning to you all!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Did they explain it any more than that? I bet it has nothing to do with the JRSC also...i hope since mine will be here tomorrow...the JRSC does not have anything hooked up to the computer. Only electrical stuff are grounds to fuel injectors, and wiring on the mas right? Dont see how that would effect the computer at all, unless under boost when the black box is actually doing something. What are they having to do to fix the problem? Getting a new pcm?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly. They said it (the new ECU) might be here tomorrow, but most likely Friday. We will see what else they can screw up in the mean time!
Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
83 Posts
just a thought but maybe theres nothing wrong with your ecu and there just saying that so they can experience a S-SVTF

·
Registered
582 Posts
It's probably just like flashing the firmware on a motherboard or anything else. If something bad happens during the flash process and you get an incomplete program downloaded it's dead. Probably they could have re-flashed it (I doubt that they know how though) but it's possible that is is now so nonfunctional that it can't connect to the system.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just got my SVTF back from the dealer, flashed with the new ECU program. Well, it didn't blow up.
The car was already warm, so I'll see tomorrow morning if it stalls, stumbles or gets the battery light.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Drove it to work this morning...wow...no stumbling, so hesitation, no stalling...they did a good job on this ECU revision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts