Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on top of the supercharger there are 4 places to plug hoses in, but in the installation manual there are only 2 places.. WHAT HOSE GOES WHERE???
I you know anyone who could help, I would appriciate it very much...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Have you tried calling jackson??? they might be able to help??

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'm so used to looking for loose connections you'd think I'd have that memorized now. Are you sure the directions don't tell you where to place them?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried calling jackson??? they might be able to help??
I tried and was told to leave a message but they never called me back.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you sure the directions don't tell you where to place them?
Yes, I'm sure...I wouldn't be asking if i weren't

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
couldnt help in askin about your sig...8psi w/udp???? udp's drop your boost pressure due to less rotation. or are you talkin bout your blower pulley b'g smaller?
just askin

-Ult

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
couldnt help in askin about your sig...8psi w/udp???? udp's drop your boost pressure due to less rotation. or are you talkin bout your blower pulley b'g smaller?
just askin

-Ult
I'm running a 2.6" Pulley on the JRSC, (gives about 10psi), with FC 3 piece UDP's. The UDP's underdrive the JRSC to about 8psi....at least that's what I'm hoping for.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It does not matter which hose goes into which of the 4 vacuum connections at the top of the blower-they are all at the same vacuum potential. It's just a matter of what is the best way to route each of the 4 hoses so they don't get tangled.
Btw, what size of injectors are you going to be using? I am using 30lb units on my JRSC w/the 2.6" pulley. Have you actually installed the small pulley yet? I am curious because I only get 5lbs max boost with mine. Car runs great-got 169whp before I installed my FC 4-2-1 race header. Am awaiting shipment of a 2.3" pulley for even more boost. I suggest not putting the crank UDP on-it's like taking one step forward and then one step backward. It doesn't make much sense to me. Good luck with your setup!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm using 24lb injectors right now. If that doesn't flow enough then I'll have to go up to 30 also. So what do I do with the other 2 holes? Just plug them up? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I didnt then wouldn't I be leaking air?

·
Registered
657 Posts
my jrsc only has 2 on top an 2 on the back (on top you can see ^^^^) 2 on back;1 to the pcv 1 to the black box

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my jrsc only has 2 on top an 2 on the back (on top you can see ^^^^) 2 on back;1 to the pcv 1 to the black box
The problem is, I have either the very first or second JRSC EVER made for the focus, and it's different. Reason being, the 4 lines on top were becoming a clearence issue on some of the different Focus models other than the ZX3, so they changed it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well then buy a few T connectors for those extra lines and split them into the other extra holes or just cap them off..
keep calling Jackson as well.....
this is a support issue and they should help you!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, we finally got the car to turn on , but it's running like crap - it's like my timing is screwed up or something. I pulled my plugs and 2 looked pretty bad, so i'm going to change them, and also my idle screw didnt come with my 65mm TB, so i have to engineer something for that. Anyone have any idea why my car isn't running right? I checked all the plumbing and wiring, and it was fine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What sparkplugs are you using, also did you disconnect the battery to reset the computer? Can you post a picture so we can see how you have everything hooked up?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What sparkplugs are you using, also did you disconnect the battery to reset the computer? Can you post a picture so we can see how you have everything hooked up?
I'm using bosch platinum's. I'll take some pics tonight when I get off work.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Put the OEM TB back on. Best to only change one variable at a time and then test before changing the next item.

Anything that was working properly before, I would leave alone. No good likely to come out of the unnecessary introduction of more variables.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had to have two of my vacuum ports welded shut cuz they hit the firwall. Still works fine...no leaks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You need to get rid of the Platinum plugs ASAP. NGK makes colder plugs, and I think TurboTom sells some. Also did you fill your car up with 93 Octane before you did the install. If not your engine could be pre-detonating which would make it run really bad.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The plugs are not likely to make enough of a difference to make the car run like crap, although you do want the best plugs for your app, once you get it sorted out. I agree w/Rod-when you run into a problem like this go back a step and try to remove as many variables as possible before proceeding to the next step. My experience w/JRSC ovr 2 1/2 years is good-it has to be something you did or did not do properly. The only problem I have had w/the JRSC is with the t-taps used on the MAFS-they didn't make good contact. Check continuity from the MAFS harness to the output from the t-tap. Check the fuel pressure regulator hookup also-did you hook those up correctly? Double, and triple, check your install per the JR instructions. Things to look for-unmetered air from a vacuum leak somewhere (back of the JR manifold, one or more of the vac hoses on the top of the blower, vac leak at or around the TB. You will need longer screws (1.25"-I got mine at Lowes) to properly secure thew 65mm TB to the JR blower flange. Don't use any type of gasket sealant there-you do not need it if you install the TB correctly. Small vac leaks will wash out at cruise or WOT settings, so your problem may be more than a small vac leak. Is the EGR vac hose hooked up right? how about the other small diameter vac hoses that hook up to the top of the blower? What about the large diameter air intake hose from the MAFS to the TB? is it tight? what type of air filter are you using? There is a history of problems w/MAFS funky from too much air at the wrong time/place.
When you get it sorted out, and you will, put that 65mm TB on. It really wakes up the JRSC!
Good luck-keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts