Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searcged and could not find a previous topic on this. I'm seriously considering a JRSC in the spring after i finish off my exhaust. Really the only question i have is whats the basic install time i read through the install proccess in the magazine but that really gives no justice to how long it probably takes. I would assume this is a weekend project? Thanks for the help again sorry if this topic as already bean asked and awnsered I just couldn't find it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
it took me 12-14 with 1 arm and a walmart tool kit(nite out had to hold flash lite )

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12 to 14 hours?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Took 2 days for a buddy and I to finish it up.

We ran into a few snags, had to make a few trips to the local parts store, stopped to eat, etc, etc...

Plan for two days.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i expected a weekend project. Will i have to look into a 2.5in cat-back or does the JRSC not run enough boost?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well hopefully i'll have saved up enough money to do this. It's one of those things i just won't be happy if i finish my exhaust and leave it. Also getting cams, gears, 24 l/b injectors, dino tune, and stage 3 clutch i just think by the time i'd finish that i could have been had my JRSC. For awhile i thought it would be cool to go NA but naw to much work i want my car to go fast now lol

·
Registered
657 Posts
really i did it over nite,you run into any probs just pm me
btw i have also had to take it off 3 times this week cuz of a bad alt. so if you got some miles on it you better replace it while you got it off!!!!good luck, the lite is always on

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya my car just hit 40k like a couple days ago. but thats cause for the 1st year and a half it was my dads car and he drove it like 90 miles a day. So with me driving like 500miles a month the miles will even out in a year or so.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dang u payed $600 to get it installed whew thats alot of money

·
Registered
657 Posts
im tellin you sol, its easy if you have someone helping you!!!(hold the lite
)

·
Registered
315 Posts
$600 well spent. It was installed by Vinnie Ten Racing. 22K miles since the install never a single problem. This was a job that I could not pull off by myself in the underground garage I park the car.

I believe that if you can afford to have it installed by a professional it is worth every penny.

George

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well this is stuff my dad used to do so he is a good guy to have a round he helps me out so much

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm maybe i could get RacerX to help me out

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I did mine this past Sunday with the help of a few friends. It took us 13 hours of straight work. There are just some steps that take time to do and it kills time. The starter and alternater come to mind first, but there are a few other things that eat up time as well.
If your lucky, you will have all the tools needed(they call for a couple of sizes that are not common) and the kit will have all the needed hoses and bolts.
Then some patiance and commitment will have you enjoying your new power

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
humm.....JRSC install should take no more than 6-8 hours at most. Couple weeks ago i pulled one of a focus and every possible bolt on they make and it took 5-6 hours, tonight i did a head swap on my car and it took me 4.5 hours. This is with no help. So if you need help with the install im in flordia if ya wanna make the trip, and im more than willing to answer question about the install.

·
Registered
657 Posts
mine would have been faster if i didnt stop to eat ,take a dip in the pool, [censored] the wife... you know the every day stuff

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Took me about 8 hours-I had to remove my Esslinger intake cam and reinstall the stock cam as part of the job. Second time, probably about 6 hours. I read the instructions a couple of times before I started. I wish I could get $75/hr for working on my car!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts