Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is running really rough. It hesitates and sputters and is actually down on power. The blower seems to be working properly. I've gotten to 6psi on my boost gauge. My a/f shows rich when under throttle, which is good. I'm using 94 octane btw. At the moment I'm just using the jrsc power card, everything else is stock on the motor except for 1 step colder plugs and a cone filter. Tomorrow I'll try cleaning the MAF sensor, any other suggestions guys. I don't really want to buy a tunning device since I plan on getting the BBK for the svt which will reflash my cpu anyway.

·
Registered
287 Posts
sounds like you may have a vacum leak.
Retrace your vacuum lines and make sure each one is connected. Also check the back side of the large intake manifold and make sure you have a vacuum hose on each vacuum fitting. Then check the area around each injector. I've seen lots of vacuum leaks there. But it does sound like a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Check the vaccun fiting in the back of the intake manifold like OJ said, mine for some reason was loose even tho was brand new, luckly I saw it before the isntall was over and fixed w/ some epoxy!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
sounds more like a tuning issue
Your trying to correct the MAN that built the JRSC

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try some of your suggestions guys and see what happens. Nice to have the MAN chime in for advice!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys are the biggest suck ups!
Oscar knows what he's talking about, thats without a doubt, but you could lay off the schmoozing.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I'll try some of your suggestions guys and see what happens. Nice to have the MAN chime in for advice!

mine runs a little strange with the card in it also, I pull 21 vac at idle and dont seem to have any leaks but have some issues with hesitation when building rpm, which is much slower than before (yes i know it draws some from the pulley) but the more power I feel it feels like the SVT is heavier and has several hesitations running RLA6 and the card. I thought the cluth was slipping but the rpms dont jump any at all.

i.e. it was faster before the JRSC but im waiting on the tune and have checked the black box wires.

I did notice the green boost led barely comes on when idle to WOT but dont know if thats normal since not much load in neutral.

cant tune because had to send Xcal2 back to SCT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts