Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done that yet? Is pectel unit even available now?
For people who had the JRSC custom installed - How much was it??? around $500? I recently moved to Upstate NY, so can someone recommend a trustworthy JRSC installer in the area
??

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
The SVT Comp car has a Pectel on it (along with 12lbs of boost, bigger injectors, and a custom intake).

Works VERY well. Instant throttle response. That car just plain barks.

Drive out to Cali, Oscar's offering the special on installation still, and if you order the custom big boost package, he'll have the Pectel tuned for each application. (they're right down the freeway)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I only have the budget for JRSC(reg boost)$2760 shipped from Jegs + Install(around $500)+ Pectel Unit(around $2000).I assumed that the pectel unit is factory programmed - plug and play, so I can install it by myself. The big boost package for JRSC will probably require an additional clutch upgrade. I think I will have to wait till late fall/beg of winter till I can afford an additional $2800 upgrade: new clutch($400)/Flywheel($400)&($1000)LSD combo + $1000 install. I will also be looking for the steel line hoses upgrade for the power steering if possible???
Let me know if my numbers make any sense to you all?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
the pectel to my knowledge is not plug and play. It is a stand alone unit to my knowledge which means custom programming is required. You might be able to find some base maps you can start from, but it isn't plug and play. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
the pectel to my knowledge is not plug and play. It is a stand alone unit to my knowledge which means custom programming is required. You might be able to find some base maps you can start from, but it isn't plug and play. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Actually it is conceivable that Pectel just provides you with the same map that they used to tune the SVT Comp car. THe differences should be minimal, but you will need the same size injectors that they use.

At least it will be close. So it "could" be plug and play.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
how much is this installation package thou speakest of?
$3099 for the base JRSC, add about $2k for the Pectel and such.
That includes installation and before and after dyno runs, and if you get the Pectel, the custom map for that, since they're just down the freeway in Irvine. He'll need your car for 3 days.

Call 714.891.1113 and ask for Oscar

Elderfeces will PWN SoCal if he had teh big boost

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
okay kris, you just gave me a chubby. my svt wants teh BOOST!! (elderfeces is now taking a hammer to his piggy bank...not enough pennies...DAMMITT!!)

·
Registered
269 Posts
The Head Mistress in indeed a sly salesperson! Or a tool for The Man, one of the two...

My JRSC install is coming next Monday...but no extra kit for me. I only have so many pennies.

·
Registered
262 Posts
5,000 plus bucks for the big boost kit and Pectel is so so. Where in the hella is the intercooler. You could not run a ratts ass in this 106 Texas heat!
This lack of an intercooler is a [censored] joke. Heat soak city. Break...break...break.... My .02. jw

SVT+TURBO/SC - intercooler spells trouble...

·
Registered
643 Posts
5,000 plus bucks for the big boost kit and Pectel is so so. Where in the hella is the intercooler. You could not run a ratts ass in this 106 Texas heat!
This lack of an intercooler is a [censored] joke. Heat soak city. Break...break...break.... My .02. jw

SVT+TURBO/SC - intercooler spells trouble...

Then you should not buy one.... That's why there are other options.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
Funny, I've driven my big boost JRSC'd Zetec all over the place in 100+ heat and nothing broke. Even with the AC on. I the SVT Comp car I sat in lovely LA traffic last friday on the way to FOTB in 95 degree heat without the temp gauge moving a bit. So what you lose some HP. It still works fine. Like Blue said, just don't buy one if you're so worried about it

·
Registered
702 Posts
screw-type superchargers mounted on top of the intake like JRSC does do not generally need intercoolers. The only heat that is produced is from the compression itself not the engine (unlike turbos that have to deal with a huge amount of heat from the exhaust, plus heat from the trip around the engine in the pipingg). Sure, if you are running 12-14lbs boost in 100 degree stop and go traffic, you MIGHT want a cooler but the temps you are dealing with would not make it essential. And in any even the aquamist is available for under 500 and works great. What is all the fuss about no intercooler. lots of FUD imho.

·
Registered
534 Posts
instead of that aquastuff you can install a new head gasket that will lower your compression ratio.... but then your right back where you started.... so I guess tuning is the key to high compression high boost setups....

·
Registered
173 Posts
My SVT is JRSC'd, but not with the high boost kit. I don't consider high ambient temps to be an issue because engine compressor heat is not an issue until you get far into the throttle. So if you drive normal no extra heat. When I rod around my bursts are for short periods of time anyways, not enough to get heat soak. However if you are talking about road racing you might have a point about too much heat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My SVT is JRSC'd, but not with the high boost kit. I don't consider high ambient temps to be an issue because engine compressor heat is not an issue until you get far into the throttle. So if you drive normal no extra heat. When I rod around my bursts are for short periods of time anyways, not enough to get heat soak. However if you are talking about road racing you might have a point about too much heat.
that's my concern. i like road racing, and i don't know if i can trust the jrsc while road racing in 95 degree heat.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
The SVT Comp car has a Pectel on it (along with 12lbs of boost, bigger injectors, and a custom intake).

Works VERY well. Instant throttle response. That car just plain barks.

Drive out to Cali, Oscar's offering the special on installation still, and if you order the custom big boost package, he'll have the Pectel tuned for each application. (they're right down the freeway)
kris, i dug this one up for ya 'cause i got a question. which pectel is in the SVT comp car? is it the T2? thanks...also

did you lick my shift knob? i left a hershey's kiss on it, but i think mark got hungry and ate it...

thanks for recommending mark for the JRSC install, what a great guy...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts