Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to show all the JRSC users the difference in the ported polished tb adapter and manifold runners, but I do not know how to post, can some one please post for me. I can do the tb adapters for people if they want, but I want to see if there are any gains at all first.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Re: JRSC ported tb and manifold pics, please help to post!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

The picture's a little out of focus, but it looks real nice, much nicer than the job I did on mine with a grinding stone. I wouldn't want to post a pic of that.
It is nice, but esthetic concerns aside, can it help airflow into the blower? It doesn't seem to me that it could make a significant difference but I am ready to be convinced if it does.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thank you for posting the pics for me. Tried to do the best I could on the pics. I am not sure about how much if any increase in power i will get, the manifold is done also. I just took a look at the stock casting and all the hard angles and rough edges and thought based on my 2-stroke motorcycle back ground, that it really probably could not hurt. All i know is in one of the intake runners there was a big goober of flux or something in there that was just holding up some flow. Lets see, like you guys said probably can not hurt right?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts

man... that looks LOVELY!

I spent a good hour or two porting out that TB plate... nice to see that you were able to clean it up the way you have!

I thought it looked nice when I did it w/ a dremel... now it looks like a pane of glass!

One tip though... I know it's only microscopic amounts that they shaved off the surface area to smooth it out, but I may suggest cutting your own gasket to match... when I dremeled it out, I cut it perfectly to the gasket I sent you... that gasket may be just a TINY bit too small now

do you have a pic of the inside of the manifold? it had some gnarly grooves from the casting process... i'd like to see what they were able to do on that

anyways... now that you have my old kit and i have my n2o... we gotta meet up and run eachother at a track day

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
That looks real good, it's true that it may not help out a whole lot, but it damn sure isn't gonna hurt anything. If I wasn't so lazy I'd pull mine off and polish it up too. I can't wait till you get that thing installed, I'm curious on how it's gonna perform on an MTX car (you do have an MTX ... right?) I know the JRSC's aren't too fond of an ATX, that's one of the reasons Toole went with the bottle.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I can't wait till you get that thing installed, I'm curious on how it's gonna perform on an MTX car (you do have an MTX ... right?) I know the JRSC's aren't too fond of an ATX, that's one of the reasons Toole went with the bottle.
you're right on man... thought the JRSC performed like a champ on my car... the lack of TQ from the roots blower coupled w/ my ATX tranny just wasnt a happy couple...

now on the bottle is a whole new story... my aftermarket ATX tranny is as happy as a pig in slop!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yhea, thanks everyone for the positive feedback, when i get back to work on monday, I will try to get the manifold pics up, but it looks exactly like that inside, i am going to have the outside done on both too, maybe for a cool look. I will be getting the 2.3 in three weeks, so in about a month from today it should be done. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, my experience up until now on the jet really has not been that positive, the guys inthe Forced induction area seem to be more informative and willling to answer questions and help out! Really great bunch of people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts