Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my question is...since i know nothing about it and dont know what to search...could you use the fc race header and flexpipe with a jrsc??? i still have stock cams and gears...but would like to upgrade those too...whats the deal with all that...can i do it or not...i dont think u can with a turbo setup right...so what about jrsc...thanks

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
take a look at my sig and you'll see what other mods I've done to my car along with the JRSC, look at cat #2. If you want to see some pix of the car let me know.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess that pretty well answers my question...all except for the cams and gears...but i am assuming you can use those too...since u can use them with a turbo setup...thanks guys

·
Registered
315 Posts
Stock cams will work just fine. I would recommend adjustable cam gears to sqeeze a few more ponnies.

I have stage 1 cams with my JRSC and it kicks boost at around 2500 RPM. With stock cams you will see boost sooner.

I think that initially it is best to start with a 65" TB, Cool Flow and Cat back. Bigger cams will prevent the SC from getting into boost sooner wich translates into loosing bottom end power.

I really like my SC and 10,000 later the car is running strong.

George

·
Registered
409 Posts
Think of the JRSC just like a turbo, only driven
by the same belt that drives your alt/water pump/
ac instead of driven by exhaust gas. They are not exactly the same but are close enough for a
quick discussion. I have modified my ZTS with all
the same goodies as most other people here:
42lb injectors, 70 mm MAF, 65 mm TB, FC stage 1
head package w/ Crower cams, Steeda fuel rail,
2.6" pulley on the JRSC (this spins the unit faster = more boost), Magnacore wires, JBA header,
Random Tech hiflow cat, FC 2.25" flexpipe, HKS cat
back w/custom bend & resonator, level10 bulletproof tranny, Eibach pro system plus suspension, prothane mounts, and then other little
things. Point is, you can use the blower just like a turbo but you trade high torque levels for
drivability. There is no substitute for a bigger
turbo but then you need to upgrade the lower half
of your engine to take that kind of stress. Set
some goals and ask people you trust if they can be
attained within your budget (if you have one).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts