Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see what people are getting for 1/4 mile times with their JRSC's. The reason I ask is I'm currently running 16.4's and can't break out of that. The car feels like it's being held back by something, I'm considering changing cams, but wanted to see what other people are running before I spend any more $$.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
JRSC does not, for the most part, put down any amazing 1320 numbers. most of the time i have seen mid 15's. i'm not saying it's a bad kit, it's just not really intended to make the zetec into a monster. the kit seems to be aimed at making the car more fun to drive overall.

Nate

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
STABILITY=JRSC POWER=TURBO

I agree with what the last person said..
The Jackson Racing Supercharger is made for a smooth ride with the benefit of more power...it's not like many turbo chargers which main purpose is to just feed the need for speed. The highest time I've ever seen with the JRSC are 14.8's. Not slow but anything over 14 seconds these days seems slow for some reason.

If you want speed, go turbo. It's easier to put up the boost and well give you more torque then the JRSC can ever give you. You can go NAWWWWSSS too but NOS is very unstable and "cheap". By "cheap" I mean you can make anything fast with NOS but working and tweaking with a turbo/supercharged engine can give you more experience and excitment then any NOS bottle can do. That's just my opinion though....

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Re: STABILITY=JRSC POWER=TURBO

my best with it, when i had it was 15.1 @ 89mph

I went 15.3 with just custom intake I made and exhaust

then added a race header, cam gears and throttle body and went 15.1 @ 89mph

only thing holding you back is your driving right now...if you think adding more bolts ons are you to make you much faster, dont waste your money, you will be disapointed

edit: and just for reference, I swaped to a aerocharger and went 14.2 @ 100mph

my advice to you would be to add nitrous

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I can't remember the exact ET and would have to look at my time slips at home, but it was somewhere in the mid 15's. My biggest problem is traction. I've since replaced the stock pulley with a 2.6" one and have added adjustable cam gears. Once I get the cam gears adjusted I'll take it for another blast down the 1/4 and I'll post my results. Although I have to admit the JRSC doesn't make the Focus a powerhouse, it sure makes it a blast to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts