Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JRSC\'s Whine

Ok, I'm getting my JRSC BBK tomorrow and im so excited, this isnt really technical question. I was just wondering how loud is this things whine, i mean i want ppl to know when i hit full throttle and it opens up, is it pretty loud with the SVT airbox? I just want people to hear me whine coming up the street you know?

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Re: JRSC\'s Whine

the BBK is a 2.5" pulley i believe, so you will be able to hear it. I had a 2.4" on mine and ill find some videos later.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts

You really wont hear much wine if you use the SVT air box that comes with it. Wish they would offer just the tuning injectors and pulley, other stuff is a downgrade to others that already have intakes. Oh and the belt that comes with the BBK
Other then that its a damm good kit!

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Gotta have an open element for the full whine effect.

- Drew

·
Banned
1,109 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

darn, and you cant get a short ram without leaning the ECU out....crap....

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

after getting the bbk on mine, the SVT airbox definatly quieted the whine down...i left it on for about a week... the power was there....man it was..... but i ended up getting a FS cool flo intake from a friend... i'm up a mile high in altitude, so an intake was ok for me.... my A/F is perfect.

and the whine is definatly there... even more, once i put a vent right close to the filter area...

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

You want to hear whine? Drive with your hood off once for fun.

The looks you get at WOT...

- Drew

·
Registered
814 Posts

You can hear it w/ the svt airbox, but defenely louder without it, I realy don't care much as long as the car is moving fast
so I kept the airbox.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

my engine and magnaflow are a little loud but I dont have much of a whine even with the short ram. Why do you think that is? I was wondering because i read the SVT install on sport compact car but i dont hear it even when under the hood.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Stock boost level?

- Drew

·
Registered
139 Posts

TEKIN your car sounds EVILLLLLL!!!!

·
Banned
1,109 Posts

ya, i miss it, but the m90 was alot louder and made alot more power. but i've moved on to a new project.

M90 video

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

Stock boost level?

- Drew

dont know yet, my xcal2 and boost guage both went back to get replaced

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Stock boost level?

- Drew

dont know yet, my xcal2 and boost guage both went back to get replaced
Uh, do you have a smaller pulley? It shouldn't change if the pulley is what came with the kit.

- Drew

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

oh yeah still stock, i thought you were asking what I was actually getting psi wise

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Oh no, just with the 'stock' pulley, there is only a bit of whine, not very audible until you add more boost.

- Drew

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

oh ok, i have a 3" but havent put it or anything else into it yet w/o my xcal2 to get rid of the black box

1 - 20 of 25 Posts