Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a F.C. out here in Phoenix at Firebird Raceways East track.

This is a string of emails I have with the coordinator of www.azseat-time.com starting with my initial inquiry.

Chris,
Some of the Focus guys I run with have expressed an interest in maybe having one of the days be a sanctioned Focus Challenge event. If you are not familiar with the Focus Challenge, visit www.focuschallenge.com. It is put on my Redline Events. Basically each car is assigned a handicap based on performance mods, then each driver is given 1 warm up lap, 3 timed laps, and 1 cool down lap to try to get his fastest time in. We ran one last november on the West track with SVTOA and it turned out great. We were able to run 3 car on the track at once with about a 20 second gap between their starts so they wouldn't have to worry about overtaking each other. If this is something you think might work out, let me know and I'll get in touch with Redline and make sure the use of the Focus Challenge name is ok. If we have enough lead time, we can probably get some folks from Cali to come out and run the event also, as these are nationwide events.

I look forward to your input.

Thanks.
I would definately be interested in working with you guys to put on an event. About how many cars would you anticipate participating and what was the entry cost when you ran West? I need to figure costs and all that. Feel free to give me a call and discuss this in more detail. Some of you should come out to this 17th event. If I can get atleast 15 of you I will give you your own group. You'll have to let me know ASAP on this though.

Chris
Chris, the majority of us will be in California running the Fontana NASA event that weekend in conjunction with an all Focus car meet. Participation is something I can't judge right now, because if I can get people from Cali to come out to it, there will be more than the 7 or 8 that are here in AZ. The SVTOA event was $100 for the whole day and we only ran the challenge during the very last 15 minute session.
I would be totally cool with having an event for you guys. Maybe I have another Track Day but center it around the Focus Challenge. I am definately interested so we should talk more serious about it. Spread the word and get a feel for it. Maybe we'll hold the event towards the end of April. Let me know your thoughts on dates and such and I will start putting the event together.

If this is something that sounds like fun and I can get enough interest in, we can possibly have our own event out here, or at least have our own run groups.

Please post up if you are interested and we'll get the ball rolling.

Also, if someone from Redline could post up and give us the OK to use the focus challenge name with the event.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The guys (Nik & Chris) from Redline are never really on here, but I've contacted them before, so I don't mind doing it again. Not that the details matter too much but I'll just ask about doing an event sometime in late April.

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome Josh, now we just need to get a whole boat load of interest for this thing!!

I know the Dez drivers are in.

What about you Cali folk? Wanna drive out to phoenix for a FC? I can put up a couple people at my place if need be!

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I met with Chris today. Really good guy and he wants to help us out as much as possible. He wants to run his next event in May, probably the first weekend. But we gotta get the interest there.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
You know I'm in.

For anyone who's hesitant or doesnt know much or whatever, having a Focus Challenge is really cool because of many reasons but here are a few off the top of my head:

1.) Brings more attention to the Ford Focus and it's track abilities
2.) Its fun competition with your peers
3.) The one I did was at the end of the day so you really get a feel for the track then you are sort of put to the test to see how good of a time you can get.
4.) You know it's fair and equal

Check out www.focuschallenge.com for more info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts