Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i know this is a pretty radical idea, and probably unfeasable, but whien entering the jet i always look at the phase x conversion. How sick would it be to put that engine in have your current engine. AWD, it would recquire so much twirking to work, but it would be sick, haha just an idea.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think on these multiple engine projects (ever see the infamous tractor pulls, etc.) balancing the output and throttle response is one of the big challenges.

If somebody can pull this off, I'd love to see that car! We've got some real talent on the "jet" and it wouldn't surprise me to hear about this down the road!

·
Registered
35 Posts
a couple a months ago in sport compact car (i think) they had a car in one of the features that had dual motors one under the hood and another in the trunk he was runing two tranies i can't remember the details but the car was a turbo charged import two door it might of been a toyota or nissan anybody else remember the artical?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mosler Engineering did the dual engine thing with a Caddilac. Two Northstar V-8s as I recall. It was in Car & Driver.

·
Registered
201 Posts
their was a tiburon with dual engine the mad 312 horsepower in each engine it had 2 auto transmission. the guy would but the front wheels in reverse and the back wheels in drive and do wicked burn outs

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by aftershock192:
their was a tiburon with dual engine the mad 312 horsepower in each engine it had 2 auto transmission. the guy would but the front wheels in reverse and the back wheels in drive and do wicked burn outs
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah that was funny does anyone else have that video? I'd reccomend it...plus its funny to see all the cars being poorly launched in the 1/4

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I've wondered about twin engine too, but with all of that extra weight, how would the car handle?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts