Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TEAM Sponsor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a really good deal on a used JRSC. Here's my question......I currently have.....FC head package w/10.5:1 compression...JBA header...Borla 2.5 cat back...Crower Stage 2 cams...Random Cat...etc. Will my compression or the fact that i have a very free flowing exhaust effect the JRSC? Also...will i have to switch my cams out for milder ones? Any info is great.

Clint

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think you'll have to switch out your cams. Your exhaust, maybe you should consider a good flowing 2.25" piping. The only other thing I'd worry about is your high compression.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You'll be fine with the cams and exhaust. 2.5" catback is a good size for FI, not too big and not too small.

I have to agree with Twilight2ner about the compression. It'll not harm your engine, so be cool. The thing is usually FI will be better with lower compression, meaning making more power. With 10.5:1 compression, I think you'll be losing some hp. Bigger compression should be accompanied by bigger boost in order to make a big hp. Correct me if I am wrong

·
TEAM Sponsor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wondering because the SVT has almost the same compresssion as me.....and the JRSC works goo0d on it. Hmmmm....i guess i'll see

·
Registered
446 Posts
With the compression same as the SVT, you can use the SVT JRSC which is M65 (not sure). There is someone here that has the SVT JRSC on his car. Do a search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts