Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got Crower Stage 2\'s; I have a question.

Do you think I should wait until I get cam gears and do the install all at once or put the cams in and see how i like those first. I also wont be able to throw it on a dyno anytime soon and ill have to take it apart again to put the cam gears on if i dont do it the first time. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Re: Just got Crower Stage 2\'s; I have a question.

if u dont have time/money 2 do a dyno, as good as many aftermarket cams have come out at 0,0. y dont u save ur bread and just stick the stocks on there at 0,0 and let it go til u can afford it/have time. yeah a lil more work (but DIY u dont get screwed on labor), but its most effective 4 ur agenda as u've stated.

-Ult

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

I say wait and do it all at once...only because sometime...who knows when...you will want to go to a dyno and tune them..this way your ready and done..and you only have to take it apart once thus saving you money on installation...but then again Im always for less work...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ok, thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
473 Posts

nope, i agree with installing the cam gears and cams all at the same time. why? because when you install the cams alone, they have to take the stock cam gears off anyways so why pay labor twice. yes this just happened to me this week. had focus central cam gears for about 7 months, and found a set of crower II cams for $167 shipped, and of course i couldn't pass it up. i did have trouble installing though. maybe just a flaw, but when they turned they hit the block a little so he filed it down a little. works great, and very noticeable gain. also just put the random tech cat on as well!! very nice!! good luck!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Originally posted by matthew:
nope, i agree with installing the cam gears and cams all at the same time. why? because when you install the cams alone, they have to take the stock cam gears off anyways so why pay labor twice. yes this just happened to me this week. had focus central cam gears for about 7 months, and found a set of crower II cams for $167 shipped, and of course i couldn't pass it up. i did have trouble installing though. maybe just a flaw, but when they turned they hit the block a little so he filed it down a little. works great, and very noticeable gain. also just put the random tech cat on as well!! very nice!! good luck!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did you have problems with the cams or cam gears? What brand gears? Thanks in advance.
Tim

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

my statements were based on if he was doin the work himself (which is the way it should be man!!!).

-Ult

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
my statements were based on if he was doin the work himself (which is the way it should be man!!!).

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That holds true to a certain extent..I myself would rather pay money to get something installed and made sure it was installed correctly rather than me trying to install it..messing it up..pay for my mistake...and in the end still pay an installation fee after I messed it all up..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I will be installing these myself. Im fairly experienced around cars, enough that I have the courage to do it but that seems like the only way for me to go cause there arent any performance shops where i live and i dont trust my car in the hands of a mechanic when i know i can do it myself. Besides if i get stuck i got my friend who works as a tech at Crane Cams to come and help me.

·
Registered
799 Posts

Originally posted by matthew:
[QB]and found a set of crower II cams for $167 shipped, and of course i couldn't pass it up. /QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thats a good deal, where did u get them at???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts