Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got all svt exaust in today. I was wonderinf if any one has put this system there car yet? I could use some advise if there is any to give.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i orderd it from the ford dealer that i work for. with header cat. flex pipe and gaskets it came to $405

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Wow... looks like a race header!

Need bigger pics.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya sorry the pics kinda suck. I will try to get better ones tommarow. the header is really bitchen though. i am really imprest with the size and runner lengh.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by belnaper:
ya sorry the pics kinda suck. I will try to get better ones tommarow. the header is really bitchen though. i am really imprest with the size and runner lengh.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Would you mind if I take a first hand look at these? What cat-back are you using? At which Ford shop do you work? I just got my recall notice yesterday, so maybe I could just go there.

Phil

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i work at gresham ford. what recal? batt. cables or rear wheel brgs.

[ 02-25-2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: belnaper ]

·
Registered
102 Posts
where is the cat? is it welded into that header?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no it is seperate. it goes down under the motor. the flex pipe is way shorter than the stock focus also.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by belnaper:
i work at gresham ford. what recal? batt. cables or rear wheel brgs.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My paperwork is for both. Anyhow, I wanna do the SVT header/cat/flex pipe swap too. I'm using an HKS catback so I figure I should stay fairly quiet, while pickin' up a few ponies. Plus, I'm betting a DEQ pass would be much easier.

Can ya hook a fellow jetter up in about two,maybe three, weeks? That price looks really nice. That was for all three (major)parts, right?

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I don't see how that header is any better than a FC race header though...With those funky bends it looks a little longer than an aftermarket header. Maybe someone with mor knowledge can shine some light on this area. Other than that I hope your install goes well...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
12 Posts
much much any better than the race header because for those who need to stay legal and quiet-you can use the SVT header w/SVT cat after it. As far as power I would guess it doesn't make as much as the FC/FS Race header, but only slightly less. There is a long thread Ult has talking about all of the different options you have as far as cats/flexpipes etc...

Just put my Yodude 2.5" magnaflow flexpipe-back on Sunday and I think the SVT header would compliment it perfectly!

Way to go belnaper

[ 02-25-2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: UMDZX3 ]

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
yeah what are you trying to say here ult?
what flex-back are you planing on using? hit me up with any ideas cause i have the same **** sitting in may garage waiting for cat back and install

[ 02-25-2003, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: zx3 focus racer ]

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I will admit though, Ult was the guy that brought the SVT swap to my attention.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i am going to use the svt flex pipe. with custom cat back. i hope that all the svt stuff will just bolt on ok. I am going to do it this week end. i do have to weld in my own egr bung i thingk that is going to be the hardest part trying to fing the right place to weld it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts