Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just installed it. The installation went pretty easy. So far the car is running good. The sound is a bit nicer and the suction when i slam the pedal down is nice too. I noticed a bit of horspower added but not anything dramatic. Pretty good though, for the price. Pics later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,447 Posts
i need to get a job so i can buy that....i need cai so bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Did you buy yours from this guy on ebay ???

Seller : www._ketronsales_com

I won the bid for this Another Bomz AEM CAI

The guy was complaining cuz I gave him a neutral rating. I paid him PayPal on 1/8 which was approx. 5 days after the bid closed on 1/3.

Today is the 15th and I have yet to receive the package. I hope it is here cuz this is unacceptable for a seller to claim he "didn't get paid in 48 hours." My neutral feedback and email was posted and sent on 1/12. So for all you guys please be aware.

I don't recommend this guy as a seller.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
I know a lot of people have been replacing the the BOMZ CAI filter with a more durable filter.

To the guys who have done this? What brands work? Will any 3" K & N filter work? I could probably just go to the AEM website and just buy the one that comes on their CAI, but is that one any better??? Just curious...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Originally posted by cherokee:
Did you buy yours from this guy on ebay ???

Seller : www._ketronsales_com

I won the bid for this Another Bomz AEM CAI

The guy was complaining cuz I gave him a neutral rating. I paid him PayPal on 1/8 which was approx. 5 days after the bid closed on 1/3.

Today is the 15th and I have yet to receive the package. I hope it is here cuz this is unacceptable for a seller to claim he "didn't get paid in 48 hours." My neutral feedback and email was posted and sent on 1/12. So for all you guys please be aware.

I don't recommend this guy as a seller.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So you gave him neutral feedback because you paid on the 8th and 4 days later you didnt get your package ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
I dunno about all that. I bought one for my sedan and it is fine. Shipping was fast, and overall I'm quite happy. Sounds a little silly to pay late and still expect it to arrive in just a few days. In most cases, shipping is FedEx ground, which takes anywhere from 7-10 days. Unlesss you specified and paid for next day shipping, I'd pipe down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Originally posted by meddle:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by cherokee:
Did you buy yours from this guy on ebay ???

Seller : www._ketronsales_com

I won the bid for this Another Bomz AEM CAI

I gave him a neutral feedback because after numerous email attempts to get tracking information he failed to provide me with tracking # or as to a reason why product wasn't sent.

The neutral feedback was posted on the 12th and he claims I had put a negative feedback
The guy was complaining cuz I gave him a neutral rating. I paid him PayPal on 1/8 which was approx. 5 days after the bid closed on 1/3.

Today is the 15th and I have yet to receive the package. I hope it is here cuz this is unacceptable for a seller to claim he "didn't get paid in 48 hours." My neutral feedback and email was posted and sent on 1/12. So for all you guys please be aware.

I don't recommend this guy as a seller.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So you gave him neutral feedback because you paid on the 8th and 4 days later you didnt get your package ?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> YES According to what he claims, I had left a "bad" feedback within 48 hours after I had sent him a few emails requesting and verifying again the total to send via PayPal. All he had to do was reply to any one of those emails and I also tried sending emails through ebay to get his attention.

This was his claimed feedback response:
bazjeep(4) Jan-12-03 13:03:08 PST ebay item# 1875967586

Neutral : PayPal sent to seller via already still waiting on tracking # or product
Response by www._ketronsales_com - Took 5 days to pay, then left neutral less than 48 hours later w/no e-mails!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If he did not have the product in stock then he should have notified me after my emails to him. He shouldn't be advertising the item as for sale if he can not promise delivery of the product upon receipt. Also when payment is direct wired into his funds via PayPal for him to claim, then funds is technically deemed as being reserved and in the seller's possession.

I just want this thing I paid for. I doubt 48 hours is correct since as the post shows. I posted the neutral feedback on 1/12 and not 1/10 as he claims. But I digress .....


I was not notified whatsoever with regards to whether the item has shipped or not as of 1/15 except one email claiming this:


From: [email protected] | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:15:41 EST
Subject: Re: Receipt for your Payment
To: [email protected] (My email omitted here)


Frank,
We have received payment and will be shipping at the first of the week. You will recieve the tracking# the day the item ships. Also, thanks for the neutral. It took you 5 days to pay(auction ended 3rd, you paid 8th) after the auction ended and left us a neutral because we didn't ship within 48hrs. Thanks, Josh
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Anyhow ... Buyer Beware

That's all I am saying ...... until I get the product, I will assume he is dicking me around.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Originally posted by cherokee:
Did you buy yours from this guy on ebay ???

Seller : www._ketronsales_com

I won the bid for this Another Bomz AEM CAI

The guy was complaining cuz I gave him a neutral rating. I paid him PayPal on 1/8 which was approx. 5 days after the bid closed on 1/3.

Today is the 15th and I have yet to receive the package. I hope it is here cuz this is unacceptable for a seller to claim he "didn't get paid in 48 hours." My neutral feedback and email was posted and sent on 1/12. So for all you guys please be aware.

I don't recommend this guy as a seller.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would say you got a good deal on the intake. The seller is doing a good job offering a good product at a low price. I feel you were to quick to leave that neutral rating and in return got a well deserved NEGITIVE. Try being a little quicker with the payment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
Originally posted by jdp72:
I know a lot of people have been replacing the the BOMZ CAI filter with a more durable filter.

To the guys who have done this? What brands work? Will any 3" K & N filter work? I could probably just go to the AEM website and just buy the one that comes on their CAI, but is that one any better??? Just curious...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I used the ITG from the FS coolflow system. The AEM filter is actually just a K&N filter that has the AEM logo on it. Also the OD of the pipe is a bit smaller because it has to match the size of the stock MAF sensor so that it doesn't mess with the meter readings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,248 Posts
I don't understand. Why did you leave him a neutral feedback rating? For starters, the seller should alway's leave feedback first since the seller pay's prior to shipping which ends his / her part of the contract. The feedback should be based on the performance of the buyer for things such as timeliness, contact, etc. The buyer should then leave feedback once he / she receives the product. This feedback should reflect the timeleness of delivery, condition / description of the product, etc. A buyer should never leave feedback first, this opens up an opportunity for the seller to leave less than positive feedback in the event the buyer is not happy with the item. Bottom line here is that you were late in paying and the seller had all the right in the world to to rate you low and you shouldn't use the feedback forum as a form of retaliation ..... EVER!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
i purchased from the same seller. nothing but great service here. my question is...why leave feedback before the idem arrives??? i wait until it arrives so i can note packing quality, damage and whatnot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Originally posted by dan-d:
I don't understand. Why did you leave him a neutral feedback rating? For starters, the seller should alway's leave feedback first since the seller pay's prior to shipping which ends his / her part of the contract. The feedback should be based on the performance of the buyer for things such as timeliness, contact, etc. The buyer should then leave feedback once he / she receives the product. This feedback should reflect the timeleness of delivery, condition / description of the product, etc. A buyer should never leave feedback first, this opens up an opportunity for the seller to leave less than positive feedback in the event the buyer is not happy with the item. Bottom line here is that you were late in paying and the seller had all the right in the world to to rate you low and you shouldn't use the feedback forum as a form of retaliation ..... EVER!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">With regards to the neutral feedback, I had sent a few emails to verify that final price and requesting an invoice prior to paypalling the person. I had not received a invoice, electronic or paper. Since the few attempts at calling the seller resulted in a full vmail box and fear of money lost, I went ahead with the neutral feedback but it was upon this neutral feedback that I finally receive a email from seller stating product will be shipped on the 1st of the week (i.e. I assume as in Monday of the next week) if product was back-ordered or otherwise, seller should have said so (lack of communication here). I had to send a few more emails to find that the product was back-ordered.

This is not the first item I bought on ebay and I have bought items greater than this such as a car from ebay and that seller was very willing to maintain a line of communications with me. This seller didn't.

I have gotten the item and this is the end of the discussion. I had bid on and therefore just closing out the opinion that the seller did eventually send the product as advertised in his emai.

I did nothing wrong in this but to voice an opinion. Similar to what one would do on the epinions.com website.

[ 01-26-2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: cherokee ]
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top