Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, first of all thanks to everybody here, for info and reviews. I think I made the right decision, and price was good, 349 to my door. System is very nice.
I was thinking of Bosal, but I don't like the look very much, sorry. It's a great system, but Apexi was just a bit more expensive, like $30, so I went with it. Sounds very nice, no low end tq loss, just more mid range, and top end. Of course nothing out of the oridnary, but it's there. Throttle response is better. I Also has the iceman, great system too, gives that low end tq, and make things more smooth.
Well, now I'm waiting for it to burn out, since it's still has a funky smell, not bad at all, but something is burning up inside and coming out, looks like brownish water.
Well, just my praise for Apexi exhaust. System is very quiet, sounds just like I have a larger motor.
No farting sounds whatsoever, even when letting the gas off. After 3k rpms it is just like stock. So no droning on the freeway.
It has a resonator, and a huge tank muffler in the middle.
Fit was perfect, and everything was included (gasket for flexpipe as well).And the tip is a bit large (4") but subtle, so nothing bad here.
Well, I like it, and I think for the price it was worth it. another good system is Bosal, and FS quiet system. But FS would be like 450 for me, because of the shipping.
I'm pretty satisfied with performance, may be an SVT header down the road, to complete exhaust. Also I will probably bore out my TB. Yes, and I have my Essl UDP sitting around, just waiting to be installed (has it on my previous foci and liked it a lot).
The only downside, that my milage is down, but that's because it's cold here, winter fuel + short runs, and mpg is about 24. But on the highway it should be all right. Also checking out your mods doesn't help the fuel consumption.
Ok, best regards!

·
Registered
222 Posts
When i get around to it, getting rid of my MBRP for that exhaust. I love that exhaust, thanks for the review.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Vegeta:
When i get around to it, getting rid of my MBRP for that exhaust. I love that exhaust, thanks for the review.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I heard that mbrp is very nice too, but kind of loud, however if I remember correctly I think Ray at McNews put a silncer inside the pipe, it quiets it's down. Or may be it was the guy from kurt kustomz motorsports.
Apexi is nice, it's mellow and deep, sounds very tuned, and by 2500-2800 is quiets down, so you smile when driving around town, but on the highway it doesn't bother you at all!
Also in the low rpms it's nice to have that sound, since mtx-75 doesn't sound very nice at low rpms, and with exhaust you don't hear it

well, I'm liking it. But it's rather expensive, the deal I got is over, it was a clearance price, and i snatched the last one. But you can find it used. Guy on www.club-focus.net was selling it for 300 plus shipping, that's a good price I think
Anyway good luck!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
mbrp has a 'quiet' version of theirs now.

that apexi is nice, thought bout it, but gotta deal on my bosal i couldnt pass. yeah the bosal is the slighest bit more drony down the highway (very lil), but i will say that apexi is a nice piece. 349, damn u bout stole it.

-Ult

[ 02-26-2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
You got a good deal on that puppy! I love mine, and think its worth twice as much.
But, anyway that smell goes away its just some of the titanium powdercoat thats lingering inside the pipes and mufflers. I'm convinced it gets deeper and more powerful sounding with time. I've got about 4000 miles on mine, so i think its almost broken in. I'm going to take some really nice sound clips this week. I thought I measured the tip at 4 and a half inches though
. It sounds like stock on the highway which is the best part. From outside the car it sounds so cool, i love having my friends drive by me with the car, just so i can hear it. I get complements all the time on it.
Good choice man.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Andy Smith:
You got a good deal on that puppy! I love mine, and think its worth twice as much.
But, anyway that smell goes away its just some of the titanium powdercoat thats lingering inside the pipes and mufflers. I'm convinced it gets deeper and more powerful sounding with time. I've got about 4000 miles on mine, so i think its almost broken in. I'm going to take some really nice sound clips this week. I thought I measured the tip at 4 and a half inches though
. It sounds like stock on the highway which is the best part. From outside the car it sounds so cool, i love having my friends drive by me with the car, just so i can hear it. I get complements all the time on it.
Good choice man.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thanks, yes, the smell is going away, and it's getting deeper (soundwise). On the highway however it doesn't bother you.
By the way, I posted it in another thread, but still just FYI, place i bought it from is:
www.speedandstyle.com, they have free shipping on everything. Servive was very good, they shipped the same day, and gave me tracking number afterwards. They also hava a clearance on edelbrock shorty header for 329 shipped. It's a good deal for it, since I think they are going for like 400 at least.
Anyway, thanks again for nice comments. If I didn't find that deal though, I would buy a bosal most probably, since it's also very good and cheap now, I think myfordperformance has a sale on it now and it's just 305, very nice price
Also, because of the exhaust, I have this urge to drive the car
just like when it was new

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by sherych:
If I didn't find that deal though, I would buy a bosal most probably, since it's also very good and cheap now, I think myfordperformance has a sale on it now and it's just 305, very nice price
Also, because of the exhaust, I have this urge to drive the car
just like when it was new
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I had the bosal before the apexi. Trust me they are in completely different leagues
. For a cheaper exhaust i'd either consider the magnaflow or focussport. I payed like a little over $400 for mine, so I was happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts