Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in a set of cat cams and man I love the dif they made its like a whole new car pulls like crazy all the way to red line cant wait to have it on a dyno and tunned

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
glad it worked out good. like 2 c this show on the dyno (maybe come along w/ray and the gang and film it).

-Ult

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
you'll have to take me out for a spin sometime.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
just got mine in too, big diff. not all good differences...

crower 2's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[ 01-21-2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Greenmcnews06 ]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CWCZX3 i should be out this weekend if i see u ill stop or vise versa

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by ZX3 Canuck:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by sh0velman:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">huge loss in low end torque.

i have an ATX, so its very obvious to me. heh.

thats all.

screams above 4 grand tho.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by sh0velman:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by ZX3 Canuck:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by sh0velman:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">huge loss in low end torque.

i have an ATX, so its very obvious to me. heh.

thats all.

screams above 4 grand tho.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Get headers NOW. your car will thank you.

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
He has the 2290301 part # we will be selling these for 349. I am installing a set of the 2290302 on a FR head hoping to have it done for Saturday's dyno session. Once we do some testing with them we will make them available on our site.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i have had the CAT cams in my car for over a year...they are FANTASIC!!!

here is the SPECS !!

i'm actually someone else has heard of them! lol...i actually am a canadian distributor

[ 01-23-2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: FocusedOne ]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Originally posted by FocusedOne:

here is the SPECS !!

i'm actually someone else has heard of them! lol...i actually am a canadian distributor
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Glad you have these cams, but how are they, I can't realy tell from the specs, what I need to know, what kind of gain they provide, and more importantly where in the rpm range. Also how is the idle quality and are they drop-in, or require head modificaton + upgrade of valve springs/retainers? thanks in advance for the info

·
Registered
433 Posts
Originally posted by sherych:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FocusedOne:

here is the SPECS !!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Glad you have these cams, but how are they, I can't realy tell from the specs, what I need to know, what kind of gain they provide, and more importantly where in the rpm range. Also how is the idle quality and are they drop-in, or require head modificaton + upgrade of valve springs/retainers? thanks in advance for the info</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">basically for the first two stages there is no required vavletrain upgrade. they are "plug-and-play"

With the cams, and swapping out my shortie header in favour for a long tube plus some dyno time, i netted 24hp. the power band kicking in at like 3000-3400. i break traction in 1st no problem with 17's [other mods-intake, ported TB, stock flex, 2.5" Borla, UDP]

idle is hti and miss..some days it will idle..some days you have to be careful or it will stall at idle...usually i'm ok though.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
i heavily disagree that cat stg 2s r plug and play...that is very wrong. they r far from plug and play.

-Ult

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
We are working on the final stage of installing the stage 2 cats in a FR head. The head needed to be ground around the bucket for more clearance or the lobes would have hit the head.

·
Registered
375 Posts
That is interesting, sounds like what some are saying about the stage 3's. These must come with a larger lobe in a stage 2's clothing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts