Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by everyone-needs-a-clear-focus:
so if i plan on getting an aem cai than a snorkel mod would be pointless, right? if it is then can i just remove it completely?<hr></blockquote>

Correct. CAIs don't need the snorket, since they are drawing air in from somewhere outside of the engine bay.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by everyone-needs-a-clear-focus:
so if i plan on getting an aem cai than a snorkel mod would be pointless, right? if it is then can i just remove it completely?<hr></blockquote>
You just have to weigh your options and the cost.
The Volant can use both of two inlet holes, allowing use of the snorkel, PLUS it's a heat-resistant plastic, instead of the metal tubing of the AEM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, it finally came in. I got pictures of it in the SVT forum, so you can see how big it is, and how it is different.

http://www.teamfocaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=36&t=001395

So, hacking up the stock airbox with my sodering gun, I came up with this:

A little duct tape to fill in sections not covered, and I was done. It took a while, to line up the tube, and cut the box, but wasn't hard.

I also took the resonator off too. Didn't before, for I was worried it might sound, dare I say, ricey. But wow, it does add a nice intake note. A nice deep sound around 3-4k especially. I like it.

[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: Egz ]</p>
I clicked the link and it took me to a spam website that kept changing every second.
Well, it finally came in. I got pictures of it in the SVT forum, so you can see how big it is, and how it is different.

http://www.teamfocaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=36&t=001395

So, hacking up the stock airbox with my sodering gun, I came up with this:

A little duct tape to fill in sections not covered, and I was done. It took a while, to line up the tube, and cut the box, but wasn't hard.

I also took the resonator off too. Didn't before, for I was worried it might sound, dare I say, ricey. But wow, it does add a nice intake note. A nice deep sound around 3-4k especially. I like it.

[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: Egz ]</p>
I clicked the link and it kept spamming random websites before I closed it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts