Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got done puttin it on....here are the reviews..

1. Fitment sucks. period. Its on good and solid but the front cross bar was welded at an angle so its not completely straight. (not really a big deal though)

2. Sound....quieter than my stock was when I cut the resonator (aka lunch box) off.

3. Tip sticks out to far for my taste.

overall verdict: buy one if you just want a catback that will flow, don't want the loud muffler noise produced by the "rufflers" and don't live near roadsalt. I will be taking the muffler off after work....Don't need that thing here anyways. If it sounds o.k. I will just keep it like that

·
Registered
222 Posts
dude what are you talking about, mine fit perfect! where did you get yours from? who put it on? and do you hav any other mods shorty header highflow cat, mine has a shorty and a highflow cat and it distinctly diferent then any other exhaust ive heard. Yes it is normally a "quieter" exhaust, but if you would have read all the posts you would have known that before buying it. That what this site is all about! I never had a problem with fitment and my tip is actually tucked under the rear bumper very nicely, actually more then i would like, i can send you pics. Maybe you should loosen everything up and try to reset it first. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yesterday I installed one that I got from Summit and Ive already sent it back. Like stated above the fitment sucks. The Tip was too long and the rear most hanger was welded on pointing the wrong way forcing the tip to press hard against the driver side of the cutout in the bumpper. That's after careful alignment too.Theres no way the tip can center in the hole. I think Pacesetter may have made a mistake on some of these. I notice the the photo of the one that NewEdgePerf. sells shows a totally different tip. Its shorter and is slash cut. The one they sent me is Straight cut and sticks out 4" or more beyond the bumper. Also the bend in the front section is off causing it to rub against the heat shield. Ive installed the Borla and the Flowmaster and they fit perfect. Im exchanging mine for the Flowmaster. It gave me the best low and mid power of any that Ive used yet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by COSitsWORTHit:
Well just got done puttin it on....here are the reviews..

1. Fitment sucks. period. Its on good and solid but the front cross bar was welded at an angle so its not completely straight. (not really a big deal though)

2. Sound....quieter than my stock was when I cut the resonator (aka lunch box) off.

3. Tip sticks out to far for my taste.

overall verdict: buy one if you just want a catback that will flow, don't want the loud muffler noise produced by the "rufflers" and don't live near roadsalt. I will be taking the muffler off after work....Don't need that thing here anyways. If it sounds o.k. I will just keep it like that
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you just bought it from Summit like I did I suggest you check into this and see if you got a bad one too.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I didn't get it from Summit....I don't care to much about the fitment problems...It's on, it looks good, aaaannnnddd I just took the muffler off
.....STRAIGHT PIPE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts