Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I had told you that my dad said "no performance mods to the car" a year or so ago and I think he doesn't care anymore. But I still don't wanna tell him, so anyways, my friend's dad said that my dad would never know about this stuff, and it's all things that I could take off anyways. He's gonna help me put everything on too. So, we used his credit card to order some stuff. This is what I bought:
-Denso Iridium spark plugs
-EFP shift improver
-Focus Central crank UDP
-Bomz CAI w/ bypass valve
-Focus Central 65mm throttle body
So, basically I am just wondering if I'll be able to feel any extra power form those mods? Thanks guys, look forward to reading some insightful responses. Chris

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
<font color="blue"> you'll definitely feel some throttle response but damn dont piss off ur friends dad cuz he has teh dirt on u now
</font>

·
Registered
674 Posts
Your dad is going to find out. DONT hide it from him, it will only end up hurting you. Just tell him about the stuff and say its no big deal and it only makes the car sound better.

·
Registered
674 Posts
BTW: Telling him that would only work if he doesnt know much about cars,

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
SHOW HIM THE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yea my parents are still the same way. they dont really like to see me do much of anything to my car but they dont mind the cosmetic stuff as much as they would the perf. stuff. hell...im still workin on them lettin me get an exhaust system

·
Registered
139 Posts
-Denso Iridium spark plugs
-EFP shift improver
-Focus Central crank UDP
-Bomz CAI w/ bypass valve
-Focus Central 65mm throttle body
okay... he won't notice the spark plugs obviously.
he won't notice the shift improver.
you COULD hide the udp if it's black or silver.
the CAI is OBVIOUS! it's a big shiney silver tube on an engine that used to be all black plastic.
the throttle body is probably bright blue and will stick out pretty good too.

you will feel the gains from all these things. your car will be more fun to drive and you could get better milage if you drive the way you do now. but if you're like me, the parts will just make you want to drive harder and cancel out any gas milage perks.

my advice is don't do any of this. respect your father. kids these days

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Your dad is going to find out. DONT hide it from him, it will only end up hurting you. Just tell him about the stuff and say its no big deal and it only makes the car sound better.
Yeah...like if you have an accident and need to get the parts off it. They tend to be more understanding if you tell them right off. I'm glad I'm out on my own now
Parent's can suck sometimes when it comes to hobbies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts