Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I like it a lot. I haven’t had the time to go out for a drive but from the time I went from my shop to my house I liked it. It was a bitch to get on. I couldn’t get the stock on out very easily. And once I got that off I had a hard time lining up the holes on the new one so I could get the bolt back in. worth the time. Just thought I would tell you people.

·
Registered
489 Posts
thats cool i put one on like 3 months ago....only took me minutes though....maybe because you arent mechanically inclined? Or did i put mine on wrong? I do work on aircraft though...(not trying to be an ass here either)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Difficulty is more an issue of the motor "rolling" on the other two mounts. Somethime all you need is a strong push on the motor to line everything back up. Then the mount goes on in minutes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by Sir_Gawain:
....maybe because you arent mechanically inclined? (not trying to be an ass here either)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">lmao, even with the last part

·
Registered
482 Posts
i put my z engineering mount on today. it took me about an hour because i had a little difficulty lining up the holes. if my fingers weren't numb it would have been alot quicker. very happy so far! no more thump, thud, smack bang! a minimal amount of vibration but well worth the sale price!!!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
what all is involved in doing this??? I've been hesitant to go this route.. but everyone seems to like it....

Randy or someone who knows?

·
Registered
482 Posts
1) pulled car on ramps
2) removed stock mount using 13mm wrench and/or socket as needed
3) replaced with new mount in reverse order.

it is that easy. and no the motor doesnt come crashing down if you dont prop it up with a jack. i did use a jack and out of curiosity let the jack down off the tranny. the motor and tranny dont come tumbling down.

·
Banned
227 Posts
Dont joke around with Transmission coming down on your head. One almost came down on my head when we unbolted the tranny brace to get the torsion bar off of a Jimmy. Thank god we only loosen the middle bolt and not take it out completly, that woulda suck.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Yeah, I did the Prothane Mounts in Under an Hour, for UNDER $20... I can buy ALOT of Beer and Pizza w/ the $80 I saved...

The Jack MAY NOT be Necessary to keep anything from falling on your head, But it is VITAL to making it easy to line up the holes which several in this thread have complained about.
A Good Floor-Jack Underneath, and a simple wiggle-push from the Top of the Motor was all it took to line them up.

·
Registered
383 Posts
anybody have a pic with them installed under hood ?

[ 02-04-2003, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: EludeR ]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Has anyone checked out the MAC Motor Mount. I have used their products in the past and found them to be first rate. Also theirs is 75 bucks, and has provisions for lubrication. I'm purchasing one, but was wondering what anyone else had heard.

MAC Motor Mount

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
thanks for the 411... next $100 I get... I'm on it!!!!

speedy... I had seen your thread before.. but before the pics... now those bring it so much more clear!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Don't forget...
For only $20, and a LITTLE more time and effort, you can have the SAME end result.
Prothane Bushings, (W/O the Metal, which is FINE Stock), from Tony D at NewEdgePerformance.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
Don't forget...
For only $20, and a LITTLE more time and effort, you can have the SAME end result.
Prothane Bushings, (W/O the Metal, which is FINE Stock), from Tony D at NewEdgePerformance.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well put
. Even though I got the bushings well before I was on the Jet, I've gotten everything else from www.newedgeperformance.com

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
Don't forget...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">while this is true as I posted in the other thread, I wanted the option of keeping the stock mount intact in case I wanted to switch it back for whatever reason. from what I have heard, when you just swap out the bushings, more than likely you're going to destroy the stock ones. just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
482 Posts
exactly. i also wanted to leave my stock one intact just in case because you cant find too many oem focus mounts on ebay.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Can someone give me some tips? I pulled car on ramps and I CAN'T remove the bolt....(Not mean to be stupid but I really can't remove it)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts