Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some minor issues with the H&R cup kit and the Kumho 205/45 mounted on SVT Euro 17" wheels.

I dont see how it is possible to roll fenders without having the clearcoat crack. As soon as I started to roll them I could hear it cracking.
Its only cracked on the inside part of the fender lip, but still......

I wonder how long it will take before the paint starts to chip off

Anyone else roll their fenders? I tried the baseball bat method. Oh well, just another excuse to buy euro fenders and roll them BEFORE painting

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
i rolled mine last year sometime, didnt hear the clear coat crack, havent had a problem

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
wtf is rolling fenders?

me n00b

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
My ST200s with 205/45/17 Yokohama es100's were hitting the metal tab in the middle of the arc that holds the plastic liner in. (also got the FK sport Kit) It would make this awful sound everytime i'd hit a bump. I pushed the tab up from flat to about 50 degrees. Now it hits much less..only on really bad bumps. I was thinking about rolling the fender...but too messy.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
thats all i did, i didnt actaully pull the fender out farther i just bent that tab and the lip up flat

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I dont think you used a heat gun. If you had used a heat gun you might night have had that issue. Did you use a heat gun kind sir?

Brent

·
Registered
749 Posts
I just rolled my fender yesterday and it worked great. I didn't have any problems with clearcoat cracking at all (but I used a heat gun and a fender roller). Just make sure you use a heat gun next time.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Where would you go about renting one of these? Or having someone do it?
Tire Rack has the "Roller" available for rent. Theres also a jetter or two that own one. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to rent it to you. (assuming you lived nearby)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just rolled my fender yesterday and it worked great. I didn't have any problems with clearcoat cracking at all (but I used a heat gun and a fender roller). Just make sure you use a heat gun next time.
yessiree, i saw it. no cracks. were those Chris' tools or did somebody else bring em?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts