Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show this to y'all. I was in Vegas this weekend, and we rocked by the Imperial Palace Auto Collection before we headed out. Now there are a ton of cool cars there for sale (all sorts of older rally cars and what not), but the one that truely caught my eye was a 1974 Super Beetle. It had 74 actual miles on the odometer. Freaking sweet!!!! I'm not a huge fan of Beetles in general, but to see one the way it would have actually come off the line, was truely a charm. I never would have imagined they looked so neat in prime condition. Anyway, if you want to take a look, heres the pics from their site.

http://www.autocollections.com/index.cfm?key=1421&action=details&tab=inventory

Just look at the interior shots and the shots of the engine bay.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I always thought Super Beetles were convertibles.

It looks pretty cool, anyway.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
My best friend in high school had a '74 Super Beetle Convertible and that was definetely a cool high school car in Miami, we had a blast in that thing.

A truck landed on the back of it, while him and his brother were parked at a light. (long story, don't ask) and they forced the insurance company to rebuild it.

Gotta love a car you can easily push start.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Super Beetles had the strut front suspension as the normal Beetles had the torsion bars fronts.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Super Beetles had the strut front suspension as the normal Beetles had the torsion bars fronts.
I want to recall they also had slightly curved windshields too.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Not the first ones, 72's? They had the flat windshields as well.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Very nice. My father-in-law has a 72 Super Beetle with the flat windshield.

My Father's best friend's father has a collection of cars and one is a 62 Beetle with 2800 miles on it. Still plastic on the seats.

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
When I was getting my first car way back when, that is the car I wanted. Due to the fact that my father was co-signing the loan & he was very anti-import at the time, I ended up with a '72 Dodge Dart w/ a slant 6 motor. Talk about your grandmother's car!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Slant sixes rule. Can't kill them. There's a guy driving a 72 Dart around here in NJ. Not much left of the faded cream colored body, all rotted away, not to mention the tan vinyl top. But the slant six purrs like a kitten.

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Slant sixes rule. Can't kill them. There's a guy driving a 72 Dart around here in NJ. Not much left of the faded cream colored body, all rotted away, not to mention the tan vinyl top. But the slant six purrs like a kitten.
Yeah I know. Tried to kill that motor in very subtle ways so as not to get my father suspicious. No could do. Finally traded it in on a new '79 Chevy Chevette. Didn't know any better at that time, what a mistake that was!!!

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want to recall they also had slightly curved windshields too.
I thought they were the only "older" Beetles that actually had heaters?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts