1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nice job on your research. Interesting that you got it from the ibmwr.ore website. Ive been riding beemers for years. I agree with you on the K&N. Ive used them for years too. I think they are a waste of money. I decided to use an ITG drop in filter in my Focus. I diddnt really notice a difference over the stock paper one thoe.Im thinking of giong back to paper and selling the ITG on eBay. Then there will be no worries about fouling up the MAS.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I would not get rid of the ITG dropin, they have been proven to flow much more air, and handle far more dirt load than others.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ive tried the stock paper and the ITG drop in back to back and cant tell any difference in performance. I would say you would want the ITG if you drove on dirt roads alot. I will just keep a clean paper one in mine.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Well ive been using k&n for years now... have had them in the last 4 cars that i have owned... Every one of them i can tell a difference when installed.. I like the filters, I think they do a pretty damn good job... So I guess I will be one of the people that will just stick with them...

·
Registered
950 Posts
bugshack, if you decide to sell the ITG, pm me with a price. I want one for my winter IceMan setup.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Here is another of the same type of write up by the company whose intake i have started using on my zx3. I got the direct flow intake from www.rmrace.com who also makes the gca true flow air intakes. I got the foam filter with the intake and i'm not gonna sit here and say that it's a lot better than my k&n drop in was but after seeing the tests and actually looking at and through both filters i could see why i know i'd rather use a foam filter than a gauze one.
just my $.02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts