Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else using one of these on there SVT? I got one of these the other day installed it friday night and no matter what way i try to position the cone filter on it it will rattle against either the provided "heat sheild" that comes in the kit or the metal brace behind the battery box. It doesn't do it constantly just when the revs hit between 2k and like 1250 RPMs. Only thing i can think of doing now is getting some of that tough foam rubber with sticky back and putting a small peice where the filter rubs those parts when vibrating. Any input would be great!
thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but i'm looking for some input on the one i just bought not buying another intake.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i have one, i could never get the heat shield completely tightened, but what i did was last time it was at ford, the tech tightened the whole thing for me. i didnt have all of the right tools to do it with. plus mine was used and i think some of the nuts screws etc where screwed up. but now i only get a rattle sometimes when i go in reverse, most of the time never.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I get it with my steeda short ram. I usually just have to play with it to get it right. when adjusting, remember the way the engine moves when driving, then adjust acordingly.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Thanks but i'm looking for some input on the one i just bought not buying another intake.
sorry... i should have clarified. i wasn't trying to get you to buy a whole new intake, i was just mentioning you may want to check into a lighter cone filter, the ITG. it won't rub and rattle as much. the filters are a little bit pricey, but they are well worth it.

how do you like your aircharger?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LoL ok... was hoping someone wasn't trying to tell me to buy something else. As far as everything else besides the rattle from vibration sometimes it's been great. Installed it fri. night and driven some with it in the past few days. As with any there isn't anything major different but you can feel it's got a bit more. Don't get me started on the install process of this thing though. I swear they don't think about installation when they design these things!

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
You know, I had forgotten that I put a pad between my filter and the brace you mentioned, seems to me there was some of that rubber molding left over that I used but I'd have to look again. All I know is that it has never given me a minutes grief, the pad worked and I like the Aircharger otherwise.....it was an 'average' aftermarket install, some have been better, some have been worse. The Baer brakes were by far the best aftermarket mod I have ever done, (parts, instructions, quality, etc) and I've done a few......

·
Registered
582 Posts
You know, I had forgotten that I put a pad between my filter and the brace you mentioned, seems to me there was some of that rubber molding left over that I used but I'd have to look again. All I know is that it has never given me a minutes grief, the pad worked and I like the Aircharger otherwise.....it was an 'average' aftermarket install, some have been better, some have been worse. The Baer brakes were by far the best aftermarket mod I have ever done, (parts, instructions, quality, etc) and I've done a few......
Off topic, but can you send me some pics of that brake kit on your car? I'd like to see an actual picture.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok i bought a peice of something...(weather stripping or something like it, foam rubber outside metal inside made to fit over and edge of some sort) as soon as i put it on the front brace behind the battery box where the nose of the cone hits that brace it stops the rattle/vibration sound so if anyone needs something like this let me know cause i got a geat store near me that sells all kinds of odds and ends like this stuff!

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
I guess I remembered it right then, you appear to be pretty pleased....

K&N just need to be emailed now, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts