Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed it yesterday and it is awesome, sounds great and runs great, and it works with a Focus Sport Strut Tower Brace for all of those who might be interested in it. The installation is very simple, and it comes with a dyno test sheet like the one on their site for our cars that shows 4 hp gain. It cost me $256 and free shipping from www.4filters.com, if people are interested in it, I think it is well worth the money. And as far as looks go, I thought it was cool that the end of the filter is carbon-Fiber looking, just thought that was cool.

·
Registered
799 Posts
glad to hear you're happy with your K&N FIPK. I'm thinking of getting a set myself, but I have two questions. Did the MAF sensor bolt right on? was there a socket/plug for the breather line? If you can post pics that would be great, to see everything - it does cost $260 for it all and want to make sure if I should get this, the Volant or the ITG filter kit.

Chris

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes you take the MAF off the old box and it has two bolts that bolt it right up to the heat shield on the K&N. The breather line is a long hose that connects right behind the main tube running to the TB, so you can't really see where it goes. The system looks nice and it feels the area where the old box was, that is why I chose it over the AEM CAI system, becuase the engine bay doesn't have that open area like with the AEM CAI kit. It look great, sounds great, and makes first gear pull hard with the FC TB. Hopefully get pics one of these days.

·
Registered
745 Posts

i got and i love it...its not there to look cute...its there for power and it looks like it...not to mention its huge!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doesn't seem too right now but then again it is about 40-60 degrees outside, so have to wait for that answer when it is warmer, but I can tell you that the pipe is cool to the touch after running the engine for a long while, where as the factory pipe would be hot or warm, so the air is insullated from the valve cover heat.

·
Registered
745 Posts
yup comes with a EO sticker...it has a hole in the heat shield that is aligned with the stock funnel tube...go the extra distance and get an SVT...oh and your under hood temps should never be so bad that it boggs off take of...i ran this all summer in 90-100 temps and felt no prob...however until i installed my race header the underhood temps were pretty bad...i would recommenddoing something to bring those temps down.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I've had mine for over a year, and never experienced "Bog".
I recently got the SVT snorkel, and dremmeled out the hole in the bottom of the heat-shield to accomodate a speaker-port-tube adapter to the top of the snorkel.
I Do LOVE my FIPK.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a question about my FIPK, with the stock box, the valve cover blow-by tube goes into the box and there is a filter there for the oil, well on the FIPK it goes into the middle of the tube. Were does it go from there? Does it go into the TB or does it go by the MAF and into the big round filter, granted that if oil gets on the MAF that is bad, and if it makes it to the TB that is also bad, which would be burning oil. Were does the blow-by oil go to?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
if i understand right, it doesn't actually burn oil, but just fumes. i have the volant, and the tube enters before the filter. where does the tube on the FIPK enter the intake? is it before or after the MAF? it shoudl be fine either way, i would think. its just for pressure relief, there isn't much air flowing i dont think.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it enters the main tube between the TB and the MAF about halfways between the two. And there is oil that actully get into the factory filter, that is why I wonder about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts