Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
If you are wanting a short ram your best bet would be to make your own pipe and use their filter, saves a lil money and you can make it go where ya want.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
David,
From my understanding K & N currently does not have an intake for the SVTF.Hopefully they will be available on the market for our cars in the near future as they are under developement.They do have replacement panel filters for our cars but I was just answering your orignal question for you.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Thats pretty nice looking! 280 though? I guess cause of the heat shield...
hmmm wouldnt mind having that heat shield though. If I remember correctly, that type of material the tube is made out of is heat resistant. Still....280? Maybe its more like 180. Nice piece though, really short looking.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thats pretty nice looking! 280 though? I guess cause of the heat shield...
hmmm wouldnt mind having that heat shield though. If I remember correctly, that type of material the tube is made out of is heat resistant. Still....280? Maybe its more like 180. Nice piece though, really short looking.
Agreed. The only other comparible intake would be the FS cool-flo, which has the ITG, breather filter, aluminum shield, etc. I think thats a much better buy.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
WOW...it says up to 26 hp. I am guessing that is the most hp they gained out of all the cars they have done...probably Cobra hehe....what king of power you guys think this thing will be adding to the SVT. Probably around the same as most short rams? When my JRSC was installed they cut the AEM SRI about an inch to two inches. That way the 90 degree angle was out of it, and it sits much nicer in the bay. I was thinking of switching to the K&N when it came out, but I just cant see paying that for a short ram. I wonder why the high price. Any why is it not road legal? It seems to have the crank case hook up and all.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hmm, not CARB approved-that's interesting...
Plus, why is the heat shield on the oppisite side it should be?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
If you are wanting a short ram your best bet would be to make your own pipe and use their filter, saves a lil money and you can make it go where ya want.
How do you make your own piping? That would be neat.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hmm, not CARB approved-that's interesting...
They did the same thing with the cobra kit - released the kit while the CARB cert was underway and changed it from "off road only" after they got approval.

I bet they're doing the same thing with the focus system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts