Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jus posted this in SVT HQ, and thought I'd share it here since it is not SVT specific...

Installed the K&N Precharger tonight on an AEM CAI. K&N Part# 22-8033PK. JBA Racing ordered it for me, about $20 including shipping, but I'm sure any K&N dealer can get it for about the same. Anyway the fit is nice, not perfect but it works. It is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch too long but fits snug around the filter area, which is all I really care about. IMO this is a must for a CAI. When I took out my filter to install the cover there was A LOT of pebbles, grit, sticks and such in the fins of the filter after only about 1000 miles. The above part # fits the AEM filter which is probably why it is not an exact fit, but if you have an actual K&N then it should be easy to find the right one. I just measured the top, base and filter area length and we found the closest dimensions in the K&N catalog. BTW, I spoke with someone at AEM about possibly including this in future kits and he said that was a possibility but not definate. In there ORV applications they get a lot of requests for this type of item and are probably including them in those kits now. Anyway, hope this helps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts