Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6 hp at peak is not bad what about the rest of the powerband? and your car is modified right? So the FC is better than it i would assume.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
uk 1.8 = BETTER DESIGN

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a uK 1.8 with:

Kamikaze Manifold
2.5" Yodude Flexpipe
2.5" Yodude Exhaust with Magnaflow Muffler
65mm Focus Central TB
Edge-Motorpsort Carbon CAI

Stock: 115bhp
Now: 146bhp

I dont have the figures for the manfiod on its own. Bizarely it seems to be making decent torque too, 143lb/ft to be exact...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Originally posted by FocusGhiaFFOC:
I have a uK 1.8 with:

Kamikaze Manifold
2.5" Yodude Flexpipe
2.5" Yodude Exhaust with Magnaflow Muffler
65mm Focus Central TB
Edge-Motorpsort Carbon CAI

Stock: 115bhp
Now: 146bhp

I dont have the figures for the manfiod on its own. Bizarely it seems to be making decent torque too, 143lb/ft to be exact...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That number is amazing
, from what i see on the Jet people need cam and head to achive that #. Anyone know how he can get that?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Both numbers are at the flywheel.

They are accurate as we had a rolling road day at the Focus Owners Club in the UK a couple of weekends ago, 33 or so of us running the cars on the same dyno.

A standard ST170 gave 170bhp, an RS gave 213/214 (cant remember which) so the numbers seem pretty bang on.

We're busy scanning in the graphs so we can put them on our website with specs etc.

Best NA 1.8 was 163BHP (exhaust, header, 65mm TB, CAI, Crower Stg2 cams, Superchip).

Best NA 2L was 173 (with 163ft/lb !!!)
ST170 manifold, exhaust, CAI, 65mm TB, Superchip)

Best SC 1.8 was by the tuning company (waiting on spec, it's their own "kit") @ 239bhp

I'll post a link to the site when the dyno graphs are up.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
What sort of intake is the Edge-Motorpsort Carbon CAI? Have any pictures or a website we could see for further investigation?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts