Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if this header is good, or if the name brand is good? this is the first ive seen about it so dont cut my throat for this thread, i did a search.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
its a great name header for supercharged honda's...and i have never heard bad otherwise...i was gonna post this yesterday too

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
That pic is not a Focus Header, so make sure you know what it looks like before you by.

It probably is just a shorty but you never know. A pic of it would be what you would need.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i can get a group buy going on this header if there is enough interest...

price for the group buy would be:

$255 for the black coating
$300 for the cermaic coating
??? for the chrome coating (i'm going to find out)

the guy doesn't have zx3 dyno's but he does have zx2 dynos so I'm working on getting those along with actual pics of the header

minimum for the group buy would be 10

shipping owuld be $18, of course I would get this approved first by zx3ford or wrcfan

is there any interst?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Originally posted by Jays2000ZX3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Ollie18:
according to the pic, if I'm not mistaken, it;s a race header.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What pic are you talking about? The above HONDA header??</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah...isn't it a race header if it replaces the cat?

shorty:

and the one above doesn't look like this at all...so I thought it was a race header...am I wrong?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Originally posted by racerx:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Jays2000ZX3:
What pic are you talking about? The above HONDA header??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
I wasn't going to say anything, but I thought the tubes looked a little short for a Focus app.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, on a Honda, the Flange for the Cat is right where that flange on the header up there is. And it is 2 bolt on an angle.

The Focus "race" header would be MUCH longer, that bottom pipe would have to be about a foot longer to reach the flex pipe.

I am not trying to diss anyone, I just want to find out what it is.

All these companies have "headers" for our cars, and there are never any pics of them actually on a Focus, or of an actual Focus header!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Originally posted by Ollie18:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Jays2000ZX3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Ollie18:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What pic are you talking about? The above HONDA header??</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah...isn't it a race header if it replaces the cat?

shorty:

and the one above doesn't look like this at all...so I thought it was a race header...am I wrong?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You are not wrong, the one above is a "race" header, well, it is header for a HONDA, so they all look like that for the Honda.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Focal X is the black coating just for shipping or is it high temp paint and ready to go on?
Thanks

Stay Focused

Greg

[ 09-12-2002, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Zetec-S ]

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
That is a pic of a Honda header I can pet anything on it. It is not for the Focus.

So will the focus one be a shorty, or a "RACE"?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Originally posted by Jays2000ZX3:
So will the focus one be a shorty, or a "RACE"?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">dunno. Ray said he was expecting some this week. You might want to PM him (FJ name: myfordfocus.com)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by TRUenemy00:
i can get a group buy going on this header if there is enough interest...

price for the group buy would be:

$255 for the black coating
$300 for the cermaic coating
??? for the chrome coating (i'm going to find out)

the guy doesn't have zx3 dyno's but he does have zx2 dynos so I'm working on getting those along with actual pics of the header

minimum for the group buy would be 10

shipping owuld be $18, of course I would get this approved first by zx3ford or wrcfan

is there any interst?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you have a PM

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Originally posted by Ollie18:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What pic are you talking about? The above HONDA header??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts