Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I do a search under cams 98% of the info is on crane or crower.

Does anyone have Kent Cams, with a stock head? I know Zxmurph has a FS head package. But is anyone else using them too?

Does anyone know the specs on the FS "fastroad" Kent Cams?

J.Graham

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I don't recall his exact name, but I believe it is ukchp - Or something close to that.

He has the Kent's on his basically stock Foci.

He was the one that FocusSport dynoed the cams on when they first came out.

Dyno results:

- Drew

[ 01-14-2003, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: focusownerskid ]

·
Registered
292 Posts
that would be my dyno. i dont have any head work besides the cams. no problems and i've had them for about 20,000 miles. about the specs, you wont find them anywhere, i dont even know them. you could try calling focussport abou the specs.

[ 01-14-2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: ukcuhp ]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the fast reply's guys. Anyone one else?

Ult- I ported my TB b/c of your write up, thanks

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Originally posted by ukcuhp:
that would be my dyno. i dont have any head work besides the cams. no problems and i've had them for about 20,000 miles. about the specs, you wont find them anywhere, i dont even know them. you could try calling focussport abou the specs.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are they dyno tuned or just dropped in?

·
Registered
292 Posts
i think they were tuned, to intake 0* and exhaust -3*, the tuning regained some low end power if i remember correctly, other settings could yield higher peak hp numbers, but right now i have them non-tuned in my car. that dyno is of cams ONLY, not a thing else. other mods compliment the cams very well and they bring out the full potential of the cams.

[ 01-15-2003, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: ukcuhp ]

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by KonaZXIII:
Why do cams always lose torque?
After maket parts are supposed to have GAINS
no losses.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you do get gains, but a lot of times it changes where the gains are seen.

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by KonaZXIII:
Why do cams always lose torque?
After maket parts are supposed to have GAINS
no losses.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you do get gains, but a lot of times it changes where the gains are seen.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know what yout saying Shiv.
These are on my short list but I want torque
AND HP gains.
Is this not possible?
Maybe just an intake cam only?

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
For the record, the Kent Cams that we sell for the Focus Zetec is our own profile that Kent Cams grinds for us in England. This profile can only be purchased thru FS or authorized FS dealers. And we don't have any idle issues, unless the car's cam timing is on the radical side. And if it comes to that, we can help the situation with a chip that will raise the idle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts