Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keyless entry Remotes \"doht\"!

I hope someone here can help me out. Here's my immediate familys list of cars and the ones I am having issues with! 2000 Focus SE, 2002 Focus ZX3, 2000 Taurus (Duratec), 2001 Explorer Sport, 1998 Countour, 1994 Bronco. Wow talk about a Ford Family lol. Well I needed to buy new remotes for the explorer. Done deal I bought two and programmed them. Well then I needed a new one for the Taurus so instead of buying a new one I used the second one from the explorer since they use same remotes. Well I get in the Taurus and start the programming procedure and voila! Perfect. Well heres the doozie. If my explorer and Taurus are parked near each other which they are always. The remote from the Taurus operates both cars. I unlock and lock em both! This is no good. Is there a way to unprogram the codes or am I screwed? Can the two cars have two seperate remotes work independently? Any help is appreciated jetters!

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Re: Keyless entry Remotes \"doht\"!

re-program the explorer with just it's remote, like from scratch. when you program a remote, it forgets all the ones it used to know.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Keyless entry Remotes \"doht\"!

Wow axon thank you yet again. It worked perfect!!!!!!!!!!

You know my plates on my car are dedicated to you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts