Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure about the forum, but here goes!
I pulled out of a parking lot yesterday in my 02 ZTS auto behind a SLOW person. After allowing sufficient time for them to get moving on the 4 lane, I decide to go around. My gosh, how long does it take for the tranny to kick down? I nailed it, it dropped lazily to second, and continued to bog for about 4 seconds before hitting first! Is this normal? It wasn't stalling or anything, it was just sloooooow to drop a couple of gears. That kinda shi# can get you killed!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
did you press the gas twice?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

No... I just punched it. My old lady drives it usually, maybe it has learned her driving style? That is, slow and deliberate. Does the Focus do that?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
mine does that sometimes too. ill hit the gas at around 15-20 and it'll go into second and then like almost as if its saying "ohhhh i guess so..." will go back into 1st. its kind of annoying. i have to almost floor it to get it to work, then i look like a jackass flooring it in traffic.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, 'cause when it kicks in finally, the Volant howls and people say "what was his problem!"

·
Registered
375 Posts
mine does the same thing.... i want to figure out a way to manually shift the auto, but so far... nothing

last night that "feature" almost killed me. I was pulling out of a restaurant with my parents, and I wasn't being aggresive or anything. It was rainy and all of a sudden the car dropped to first and I completely lost traction. Nearly got nailed in the side by the bus, but I let off the accelarator long enough to get traction again. I find it ridiculous that this tranny tries to shift at such odd intervals. Maybe I just need to get a chip...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts