Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
koni+sportline+17\"s=rub???

i have my konis sitting in my room right now, and am more than likely going to buy the eibach sportlines. i have 17" Motegi MR-3s. i know i am going to rub at least a little but does anyone have a similar set-up... if so how bad will i be rubbing...and will i need a camber adj. kit.

any help is good help
thanks
-_-justin

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: koni+sportline+17\"s=rub???

what size/offset r the wheels? a 7" with a 42-45mm offset shouldn't rub... no camber kit needed yet at 2" drop...

·
Registered
631 Posts

i have my konis sitting in my room right now, and am more than likely going to buy the eibach sportlines. i have 17" Motegi MR-3s. i know i am going to rub at least a little but does anyone have a similar set-up... if so how bad will i be rubbing...and will i need a camber adj. kit.

any help is good help
thanks
-_-justin

Well, if you go with the sportline springs you'll have more than rubbing issues to worry about! Those konis are full length, not shorten, and if I'm not mistaken the sportline springs provide a 2.2" drop, in which case You'll have to worry about bottoming out the shocks and possibly damaging them! I'd go with the FocusSport/HR springs! That's what I'm running at the moment with no problems what so ever and ride quality/handling is much better than the Eibach Pro System kit!

G

·

if u get the sportlines..... it is too much of a drop for the koni's....... I have the sportlines and 17x7 rims with 205-40-17 tires(or had) and did not rub until i had a little accident. if they are 17x7.5..... it is possible that you may rub

1 - 4 of 4 Posts