Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll probably be picking these up as a cheap tire to put on some new rims. I've read some pretty mixed reviews, but nothing horrible. I don't have anything crazy planned for thes tires. Just getting me down to FL from CT in a few weeks...and maybe a couple of AutoXs...but once I'm in FL I won't be driving much (I'm in school and will ride my bike)..so let me have it!!! Thanks guys...BTW Tirerack has em for $84 although I've read reviews of them where people got them for $50-$60...hmmmmmm???

CCC

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm on my second set of Kumhos. They handle very well in wet and dry conditions. The one think I don't like is they don't last very long, maybe 25k miles. I bought my set from the tirerack recently on sale for $61 a tire. See my post on balancing them.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what size did you get them for that price? I need to find some tires that are in the $50 area really!!!

CCC

·
Registered
546 Posts
Kumho Ecsta Supra's ROCK!!Got more than my money's worth in terms of performance per dollar spent.Good dry/wet tire.Although I wouldn't reccomend it to everyone,I did use my first set through a full Colorado winter....Never got stuck.Now I swap out for the stock rim/tires for winter,as the Kuhmo' regrettably don't have a very long wear life.

·
Registered
950 Posts
My ZX3 is a 00, at the time money was an issue so went with Rage Race 10s in 15". My tire size is 205/55/15, thats a +1 size for the 15s. The Rage Race 10s + the Kumhos were a very light/fast combo for the money.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
They're a great tire, for the price.

I've put on 25,000 km/15,000 miles on my 712s already this year. For my kind of driving (mainly highway), they're good. I have noticed some road noise, but I feel they're quieter than the stock Firehawks they replaced. Cornering is good. Cold weather traction (just above 0C or 32F) is a bit crappy, as with any high-performance tire. Things get better when it gets warmer. Wet weather traction is great, thanks to the deep channels. Great looking tires too.

I also ended up trading off the W-speed rating for the V-rating and a longer thread life. The tires seem to be wearing well, aside from some inner rear tire wear issues (I think alignment is off AGAIN).

I'm sure there are better tires out there, but I couldn't afford to plunk down $300 CDN on some juicy Pilots. My 712s were more than half the price ($130 CDN) and have been good to me.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
We had 712's on both our Foci and really loved the way they performed, but was a bit disappointed on ther longivity. They only lasted about 17k on both cars. I replaced them a few months ago and went with the 711's, so far they seem to be great tires as well in both wet and dry conditions. As far as wear goes I don't know yet. They're supposed to last somewhat longer ... we'll see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts