Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any other SVTF owners have this suspension on their cars, and how they like it over stock? Also i was wondering if anyone knows if Ford Racing is using KW's new set up with the inox line stainless like the ones in the newest focus fanatic magazine? I want to know what to expect cause i just ordered a set of these coilovers, and now i'm getting sceptical about what they are gonna be Stainless, or Galvanized? Cause it looks like the adjustment on the front is easier on the new line of V1's. And the rear uses Metal spring perches unlike the old plastic versions. On KW's web site they only offer the INOX line for the foci.

Thanks for any input

LAZ

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
I know there are several people on the jet that have them and love them. So it looks like you made a good choice. I would like to have a set, but I am to cheap to spend that kind of money

·
Registered
496 Posts
I Dont Know About The Coilovers But I Have KW Sport Springs And They Are Awesome. The Car Handles So Much Better And It Lowered Me About 1 1/4" I Give KW 2 Thumbs Up.

Later

ROONEY

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I would think they would be too stiff for the street. Most of the people I know that have them have them on their Focus/SVTF just for the purpose of tracking and they all say they are great.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
I have always heard that coilovers in general are to harsh for everyday use. However since I have never used them I am not sure

·
Registered
582 Posts
I drive 85 + miles a day through PA and NJ on my H&Rs. I CANNOT live without them. Simply beautiful....

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I have the KWs. Yes, they are stiff, and for alot of people, they will be too harsh for street use. I got used to the ride quality, so whatever. Mine came with the stainless steel INOX, and I bought mine almost 2 years ago; I'd imagine that's what all the KW coilovers for the Foci come in these days. As for performance, they are simply incredible - several track days and no complaints on the suspension. If you're concerned about ride quality, the V3 is always an option (which is what I'm considering for my next major suspension purchase).

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have the KWs. Yes, they are stiff, and for alot of people, they will be too harsh for street use. I got used to the ride quality, so whatever. Mine came with the stainless steel INOX, and I bought mine almost 2 years ago; I'd imagine that's what all the KW coilovers for the Foci come in these days. As for performance, they are simply incredible - several track days and no complaints on the suspension. If you're concerned about ride quality, the V3 is always an option (which is what I'm considering for my next major suspension purchase).
Would you happen to know what the spring rates are on your kit?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I think your point of view on streetable coilovers will be determined by the types of roads you drive on. In california our roads are fairly nice, and coilovers are wonderful (KW, HR, FK, etc..)

However if you live in detroit where I heard potholes are the norm.. then you probably want to avoid it. I have no idea about Maryland. But they are not harsh over rolling bumps, but they are harsh on jarring type of movements.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay so I got the ford racing coilovers, i am very happy with them just need to put them on the car here are a couple of pics

The Kit

The Fronts

The Rears

Thanks for the input
LAZ

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
According to the sticky post in the suspension forum, the fronts are 333lbs and the rears are progressive.

·
Registered
582 Posts
According to the sticky post in the suspension forum, the fronts are 333lbs and the rears are progressive.
Ah, OK. I thought the fronts were quite a bit softer than the H&Rs, but I couldn't remember what they were.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts