Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently a Kwik Car Lube damaged my Borla exhaust system by spliting the front lip on the front resonator. I am in the process of getting all my purchase info together so they will pay for a new exhaust. I talked to Borla, and they do not sell pieces of exhaust kits. They sell just the whole kits, so I will need a whole new kit in order to fix my problem. Of course you cant weld stainless steel and have it work well, besides that I didnt go there with a weld, and I will not accept that. Any other advice you guys have so that I can get my problem taking care of? The owner wanted me to get quotes from local muffler shops for wleding the piece back together. I told him it is stainless steel. He said "hmm" Then told me to go find out what I could and get back with him in the next couple of days at my convience.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Atleast its "at your convenience" I guess as long as they replace it there is no problem. WHat proof do you have that they messed it up? Other wise the owner could back out and deny it. L8er Jon

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I did snap pics with the digi cam. And, there are two of the workers that heard him say he would take care of it. Also, the split in the medal is the same shape as the lip on the bay that did the damage. Also, there is paint from the lip on the bay on the resonator. Hope he wont back out. If he does I have a lawyer that would like to get a hold of him, I doubt he would want that trouble. Yes, I would waste the money on getting defensive cause I aint getting screwed on this one. Just not going to bring him in as it looks now, seems to be no need so far. Any other steps I should take in securing what is mine?

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
I would just tell him what the total cost is to replace the Borla exhaust and he will probably file a claim with his insurance company for payment.Anyway good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sure hope so. I will. I shoud know something by Friday! All this stupid stuff going on, and I am taking in my svt to get the JRSC installed on Thursday morning....why me!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts