Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have recently bought L.E.D. Door Sill protectors for my '07 Focus. I am just wondering how to install these. I need to attach to the wire that tells the car the door is open but don't know how to do this or what problems this may cause. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Buy a crimping set and/or also some of those blue connector thingies where you put two wires in and snap it close to make a connection. I totally forget their name. Buy them from any hardware store.

I don't forsee any problems honestly. Even if you crimp the wires together you can easily just put them back the way they were by re-crimping (if you cut them) or using those blue connector thingies. it's not hard. =)

But I haven't looked at my doors so I have no idea where the wire is located or which wire.

·
Registered
80 Posts
theres spade terminals that pierce the wires just like the blue ones... except they provide a spade socket onto the wire where you can attach something else including a fuse.

·
Registered
596 Posts
What do the LED door Sills look like for the 05-07s? I'm curious.

·
Registered
135 Posts
im almost positive you can get them for the 08/09 from your local ford dealer

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thats a neat concept. Question though, how protected are they from the elements?
Snow? Ice? etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts