Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much would it cost for an installation of clutch, flywheel, and lsd? i know it varies by location, but i want to know just a general area

thankyou

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
wow.......... gonna be way higher then that....... i got my clutch replaced with 525 for labor last year......... and i was just quoted 700 for labor to drop and reinstall the trans for a quaife diff.....

i wish i could find someone to put in clutches for 350

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeh think majority of the cost is the labor dropping the trany itself. How much every body pay for a diff install while the tranny was out?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
tranny i thought was the harder part when i pulled it. Opening the tranny is as simple as like 10 bolts then using a pry bar. The new diff needs bearings presed on(correct preload), diff shimmed with that gauge thing (The most detailed/not DIY part) then the tranny put back together, 10 bolts

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Places out here do it for cheap. If I went to the dealer for a clutch job it'd be like $800 but go to a smallish shop that's reputable and it's not too expensive. Personally, I'd do the whole thing on my back in the parents garage. Hell, if he lived close and brought lots of beer and some food, I'd do it for free.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I do clutches in a focus for $250 labor. Labor time is 5.5 hours, but can do it in 3 hours. Add instalation of an LSD and I charge $450 just for an idea.

Scott

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
I do clutches in a focus for $250 labor. Labor time is 5.5 hours, but can do it in 3 hours. Add instalation of an LSD and I charge $450 just for an idea.

Scott

i wish you lived around here.......... im in illinois though

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Z3GUY. I just sent you a pm as I am interested in your offer. I live in jacksonville and am looking to get a clutch and flywheel installed! Let me know if this is feasable to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts