Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lakewood Traction Bars
Designed to pre-load the front suspension which eliminates wheel hop and firmly plants the front tires to the pavement, maximizing traction potential during launch and reducing your 60ft time. The cross-over bar provides additional unibody support. High quality, race grade spherical rod ends provide full adjustability for drag, autocross, road race and street applications.
originally i thought these were strictly for drag racing, but i see that it can be setup for road racing and autocross. i mainly want my car to handle, so would this be a good investment? how would i go about adjusting it for the street and/or track?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
The general consensus in here is that they cause bind, because they add yet another axis of rotation to the front control arm... it'll pull the arm forward when not in the center location.

In a car with next to no suspension travel, it'd have less negative effect, surely.

The only benefit I can see is when leaving the line, and since leaving the line is just what we use to get started down our track, cone path, or twisty road, to me it just looks like a dandy way to add weight and specifically unspring weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts