Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I havea 2000 zx3 2.0L zetec with the new crower stage 2 cams in a ford racing head and I am trying to figure out how to measure the clearance for the buckets, since my number one cylinder is not making any compression while the other three are making 180-200psi with different timing with my cam gears. I read someones write up of how to do this but I guess that I am just not getting what and how I am supposed to do this. Any info would help great since this engine has been taking a lot more time to get right than I anticipated. Thanks.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
you get feeler gauges and slide em between the cam and the bucket. on the exhaust cam, when its pointed @ 1 o'clock (toward front) on intake @ 11 o'clock (toward firewall)

But in all honesty... you should see compression at some point. If you don't... then you've got a big problem.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
If its really 0 clearance on one valve, it would definitely be open all the time... but as BUR said, I'd still expect to see some compression. Ford Specs are .003-.007 intake and .009-.012 exhaust IIRC, measured cold. Your Crowers should have come with a card though stating their lash specs. I do beleive that theirs are a little different than Fords, though not far off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts