Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics to wet your appetite. This manifold will be an easy 10-15hp @ the wheels. The production version, which will be available soon, will have all hookups except EGR. We have had a few test parts on cars for a while now with excellent results.
Also shown here is our new 70mm race throttle body. This TB has no idle air bypass and is designed for aftermarket intake manifolds.

[ 12-06-2002, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: nader6972 ]

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Note: Pricing is not finalized yet, but pre-orders are being taken and the first units will be reay to ship late December.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Originally posted by nader6972:
Here are a few pics tp wet your appetite. This manifold will be an easy 10-15hp @ the wheels. The production version, which will be available soon, will have all hookups except EGR. We have had a few test parts on cars for a while now with excellent results.
Also shown here is our new 70mm race throttle body. This TB has no idle air bypass and is designed for aftermarket intake manifolds.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">1st of all its "whet"
second of all what are these gains based on? as in what other parts does my car need to have in order to see these kind of gains realistically? i am fairly sure its not on a stock engine.

and can you give us a "guesstimate" on pricing?
cause im not sure i would like to pre order one without having any idea of pricing!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This manifold is ideal for those with all of the bolt ons including cams and those with a ported cylinder head. This is not designed for stock cars as the stock one works fine. These would also be ideal for turbo setups. The part is pretty beefy so boost should not be problem. Also heat transfer from the head is next to nothing. So consider that it has a phenolic spacer built in.

There are many people out there running crower stage 2's with or with our a ported head these people should see gains of 10hp or more.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
that sounds nice! how does this affect the low end though? how much loss in tq/low?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We haven't really seen a loss in "low-end." It actually will make higher peak torque numbers.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Will this work on automatic equipped foci's?
And does this include everything a person will need to hook-up and go, meaning no custom fabrication to get it intalled???
just wandering cause if it's a pretty decent price, this is definantly on my list for santa

Nader, give us a ball park figure on the price....please

·
Registered
22 Posts
Will it have any negative effects on daily driving, with the 70mm TB too? Does it come with new piping from TB to the MAFS, as you've changed the TB location?

End of December you say... *counts pennies*

[ 12-06-2002, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Fox ]

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Have any sustained high speed tests with this yet?
I am having problems with 5th gear above 3500 rpm power.
Not really looking to upgrade the cams yet but if needed I will. This looks VERY interesting.
What long term testing have you done?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well, well, well...

Looks like I'm gonna have to change my IC to TB piping!!!

I'm in...Looks like I'll be givin the boys at FC a call to make a "Pre-order"!!!!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
It's parts like these that make me want to just buy a used 2000 Focus in spring again........

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
hey nader like dude asked with the autotragic...because the engine is mounted farther back will there be issues? clearence wise? it looks to have mounting fittings on the back...could those be located on the top or bottom?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As far as the automatic applications are concerned, I would need someone to come up here so we could test fit one on a car. Exactly how far back is the motor.

·
Registered
745 Posts
the engine is mounted about 2 inches closer to the firewall...people with the JRSC had to mod vacuum lines for it to fit...

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
but you will also make the regular top mount right? I dont wanna change my IC intake piping around that much, since it comes from the OPPOSITE side....

you better have those too man....u know im gonna need one

[ 12-06-2002, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
but you will also make the regular top mount right?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, that would be alot better. Unless, like I posted before, you include new pipes from the TB to MAFS.

·
Registered
198 Posts
So this thing is a pure race application? There "NO" egr provision?

Stay Focused

Greg

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Zetec-S:
So this thing is a pure race application? There "NO" egr provision?

Stay Focused

Greg
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Emissions wise, it is not legal but the part is "streetable".

[ 12-06-2002, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: nader6972 ]

·
Registered
816 Posts
Is it at all possible to make a mirror version of this like Naz suggested? it would be good for my turbo setup as well... how much further back does this manifold extend than the stock one? I have a pipe behind the stock one...

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
mirror version, for sure, nader im down for 1 of those, if not, get yourself one of those and let me have your blue one....dont make me get the FR stuff

1 - 20 of 53 Posts