Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey hows it going guys. Well i think im going to try and get the lemon law i have had nothing but problems with my SVT Focus here is my list

2 New Intake Manifolds
1 DSI Cabel Broken
1 Vaccum leak
1 Throttle linkage broken
1 ABS Not working
2 brought it in for stumbling and dieying when comeing to a stop.

What do you think i love my car so much fun. But im just sick and tired of bring it to the dealer ship. All the time. All this has happen in the last 6 mounths im sick of it.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Where do you live? How many miles? I dont know if that is enough to lemon her. I would put her back to stock, and let them fix everything that is wrong. Keep it stock for a while, and see if your mods have anything to do with your problems. I recently had a similar problem, and it ended up being due to my aftermarket stuff. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

·
Registered
242 Posts
InfraredSVT:

None of what he lists for existing mods should cause the following problems he's had...

2 New Intake Manifolds
1 DSI Cabel Broken
1 Vaccum leak
1 Throttle linkage broken
1 ABS Not working

Those items are just plain failure-prone. Cheap, sh|tty plastic and sensors made by the lowest-bidder.

As for whether the car should run 100% smooth after his mods; that is open to debate, because... who knows?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Point well taken. Just throwing out ideas, because I think it would be hard to get her lemoned with those problems. Hopefully it will work out for him. Just thought maybe the aftermarket induction would be pretty hard on the dsi, and as you stated it is already prone to failures with out aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
340 Posts
check your local state law. here in NV it's 30 cumulative days in the shop within first year of ownership or the same problem 4 times. once you're within one of those limits, you must first send a letter to ford's arbitration group, the Dispute Settlement Board before persuing legal action. Your dealer should have a pamphlet with the application for the DSB. they then look over your case and either A) tell you to f off, B) replace your car with a new one just like it, or C) give you all your money back, including taxes and fees. Unfortunately, it doesnt look like they give you the option of a new car or cash.

i'm actually going through this right now. i just took my car back to the dealer this morning, and this will complete the 30 days. i already have my letter written and my documentation ready to send off once i get the car back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yet another person complaining their car is a lemon with a nice long list of aftermarket modifications is the signature block. Does anybody else see a trend??? Is Ford, SVT or any other manufacturer obligated to make a car that is aftermarket replacement part proof?

Let the flames begin.

Brian C.

Stock SVTF with 12,500 miles that hasn't seen a dealer with a warranty problem yet!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yet another person complaining their car is a lemon with a nice long list of aftermarket modifications is the signature block. Does anybody else see a trend??? Is Ford, SVT or any other manufacturer obligated to make a car that is aftermarket replacement part proof?

Let the flames begin.

Brian C.

Well ain't you special or something. My SVT has 4500 and has just had the clutch/flywheel replaced. Keep in mind I know the dealer manager, technicians, service writers...etc. The SVT has some problems dude. Smell the roses. You just knocked on wood. May your transmission disintegrate into oblivious state....

and you say.....some lucky dawg you are mate...
Stock SVTF with 12,500 miles that hasn't seen a dealer with a warranty problem yet!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Brian is on to something. I've noticed that a lot of people complain about the Focus and SVTF for reliability/durability/quality problems but my very mildly modded Foci has had minimal problems. The fuel pump was going out slowly and I replaced it at around 89,000 miles. My cylinder dealie in the ignition failed. Now my fan switch is loose. Oh, and my sway bar end links went [censored] up. Not bad for me beating up on the car for 93,234 miles.

Oh, and mine is one of the first 2000 models in WA state.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My car has zero mods. Clutch/Flywheel/Throwout bearing failure is NO JOKE. At the very least there should be a compliance here to gain momentum in the masses and get FORD to repair common problems. You make NO sense. Mod or no mods....the car is a dang SVT lad. jw

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Yea sorry to share with you but if you have an 02 SVT and you haven't been back to the dealership within the first 10k miles then ur either really lucky or your not paying attention to ur car.

My SVT was bone stock till 2 months ago when i put in my AEM CAI. In the other 15 months of ownership the car spent 104+ days sitting at the dealership while having big and small problems fixed. Some people at work say they see rental cars more often than my own car. Hopefully with the 03's and 04's they will str8'en things out but for now i'm going to have to sadly jump ship. The Dispute board is looking over my case right now and my car will be brought up at their next meeting on the 21st. Hopefully i will get a full refund and go buy a Mini Cooper S.

Sorry if i sound really harsh, i LOVE my SVT but these problems aren't worth it. I'm very patient since they always just hand me keys to a rental, but once this starts happening and i have to pay for it out of pocket i'm gonna be PISSED

·
Registered
63 Posts
THAMETH WROTE:
Yea sorry to share with you but if you have an 02 SVT and you haven't been back to the dealership within the first 10k miles then ur either really lucky or your not paying attention to ur car.

My SVT was bone stock till 2 months ago when i put in my AEM CAI. In the other 15 months of ownership the car spent 104+ days sitting at the dealership while having big and small problems fixed. Some people at work say they see rental cars more often than my own car. Hopefully with the 03's and 04's they will str8'en things out but for now i'm going to have to sadly jump ship. The Dispute board is looking over my case right now and my car will be brought up at their next meeting on the 21st. Hopefully i will get a full refund and go buy a Mini Cooper S.

Sorry if i sound really harsh, i LOVE my SVT but these problems aren't worth it. I'm very patient since they always just hand me keys to a rental, but once this starts happening and i have to pay for it out of pocket i'm gonna be PISSED
MAN O MAN... I just checked in from being away for quite a while only to see this? Remember me?? Took me 20 tries to remember my password.

I AM NOT BACK TO SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT THE SVT!

MY LAST POST HERE BEFORE I LEFT..

Dude you have been on here forever. Who is next Peloton25 or J-Rod??

I am really really sincerly sad that this has happened to you guys because this car is such a great package... I still drool when I look at them.. The SVT is hands down one of the best looking, best packaged hatches to hit the states and to see this makes me pissed that driving joy has been reduced because of these quality issues. If it were not for these issues I WOULD OWN ONE!

I SETTLED with FORD on my Contour and all I can say is dude you do not know what you are missing with the Cooper S!
If you decide to go that route you will not regret it!

The folks love to drive em hard and there are 54 so far on the list for "The MINI Dragon Run" for April 04.. Hurry and get on the list if you really are seriously considering getting one! You can email me at [email protected] if you want more info on the drive.

PICTURED BELOW: "MINIS ON TOP" Mini Enthusiasts climb Mt Washington. Not one problem with any of these cars during this road trip!!

PR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts