Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious how you guys are going about hooking up the maf when the MAf and intake are out of reach of the stock wires. Do you guys lengthen each wire, or is there a harness you buy/make to overcome this problem? Ill be doing it this week and id like to find a good solution before i cut and soldier each wire. Thanks

·
Registered
742 Posts
what you can do is cut the loom around the maf wires to get them out to where you want it and then tape it and loom it back up. I had to cut a couple of my maf wires and reach them to the passanger side of the engine bay for the roush kit and I just cut the loom and stretched them over to the other side.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what you can do is cut the loom around the maf wires to get them out to where you want it and then tape it and loom it back up. I had to cut a couple of my maf wires and reach them to the passanger side of the engine bay for the roush kit and I just cut the loom and stretched them over to the other side.
ah sweet, thats what i was asking for. I wanted to know if there was enough wire after i cut the plastic stuff around it, or if i had to add more, Thanks dude

·
Registered
742 Posts
yeah, there's at least 8 inches of wire that you can get if you cut off the loom. as long as you are just trying to get the wire 8 inches from where it is originally you should be able to do it fine.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I cut mine and spliced in extension wires... strip, solder ends, crimp in a butt splice connector, solder again, and then heat shrink.

But the other day I could swear I saw on Diablo's website that they sell premade MAF extention wires with connectors... would have gone that route if they had been available and I had known about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts