Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was woundering if anyone knows how to shave some time off my 1/8 mile (this is all my town has). I have a short ram intake, steeda short throw shifter, all seats have been taken out (not drivers)along with the spear tire and parts. Any help would be great thanks. This is my 2nd time going out, my 1st time I had a 11.027 for my best, and my best r/t was .563 thanks agin.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
never been too hot (no pun) on short rams. might wanna look in another direction on that 1. moreover, work on you launch techniques 1st. (only change 1 thing per run). if your on street tires, they wont like more than 3k launch rpm. between 2,5-3k is where you should be lookin.
keep front tires at rated pressure (30-32), DO NOT LOWER THEM. Pump up back tires to max rated.

get rid of all loose crap in your car for track nites. of course your spare and jack too.

when i didnt have anythin but bolt ons (stock cams, factory settings) i shifted 6,2k 6,0k (in 1/8th). worked quite well. maybe try 6,3k 1-2, but thats it. dont worry bout cuttin lights if you want to look at ETs. take your time.

assess the weather ahead of time. bail on goin if temps and/or humidity are really high. know which direction your track faces, so when you see the wind factor on the weather map, that you'll know what you'd get at the track (bail if its an excessive head and/or cross wind).

wash and wax your car, always good to be slicker.

skip a big lunch, extra weight and between that and your nerves you'll be thinkin bout the port-a-pot moreso than your runs. hehe.

good luck,

-Ult

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
if your on street tires, they wont like more than 3k launch rpm. between 2,5-3k is where you should be lookin.
keep front tires at rated pressure (30-32), DO NOT LOWER THEM. Pump up back tires to max rated.
Really i'm surprised to hear you say that ult. With my firehawks I got the best runs around 25 or so PSI. Probably lower would have helped. And I found my best launch around 3300-3500 on those. Course...it only led to a 2.3 flat 60', which I thought was pretty good for those crap ass tires
My drag radials definately hook up better especially with about 15 psi in them

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
you should really go back up to 18-22 w/the drags though...thats where they work best, sometimes even more. (i have to run lower in my case b/c of the fact i'm runnin an 8in tire on a 5.5in rim). but you wanna stay around 28-32psi on your streets....remember also that after a run they'll go up 1-1.5psi each time (to a pt.). so where you were when you left for the track or even 1 pass after you checked em, they'll go up.

-Ult

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went out and ran on last friday night. I took my pass. seat out and the front blinker grill, and my psi was at 25lbs. All I have is a short ram intake and a steeda short throw and ran a best of [email protected] 65.43-60' 2.426-r/t .620. Thats almost a half sec. better than my first time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts