Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok just got cel, with P0303 & P0171... i have jrsc,cat back
and gude head, i replaced the plugs an wires and it did not fix it.also changed out coil pack... still nada. the car idles very rough,as if it was a V8 with a 303 cam (sounds cool tho) as soon as i give it gas it runs purrrrfect... no smoke,good compression,no vacuum leaks,not the fuel pump an so ive come to the conclusion that it is the injector for cyl.# 3? does any 1 also see this as being the prob. also it is 01 4dr. ztech man. trans... ive done the search and cant quite find anything like it (also went throu 200+ pages of the tech)my god there is alot of things these cars have go wrong.thanks for any help you all might have.... FOCALJET RULES

·
Registered
556 Posts
without my book infornt of me I don't know those codes but I'm sure someone does...you say when you give it a little gas it clears up? You say no vacume leakes...is there a way to check the IBPV? maybe TPS but doubt it...what makes you think #3 injector? I wouldn't think that would clear up giving it MORE gas...some one tell me what codes those are...hmmm...this is fun, I can almost hear the Jeopardy music

·
Registered
970 Posts
i got the same p0171 code and it turned out to be a tube that runs to the pcv valve, it on the back of the crankcase and runs to the intake manifold, with that code the car will idle like ass. If you go to autozone they will tell you bank 1 cyl 1 is running lean.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok very nice all,i have taken it to autozone thats how i got the codes. ok wont 303 also if inj. make it ldle realy bad... if it is dry? ill check hose on back an change inj. but say hype. is does not fix it ??? im always 1 step ahead ha ha ha.... you all r too cool !!!! lets finish this

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wtf ??? its not injectors,so what do you all think now???

·
Registered
358 Posts
Have you pulled the valve cover and checked the valvetrain? A friend of mine lost a rocker arm and it was throwing similar codes and acting the same way. Miss fire on one cylinder idle was terible but rev it up and it sounded fine.
Just an idea.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good idea ill try it i was thinking the same NOW,its now taking power from the jrsc so it could be ill let you all know... thx

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
some new info... new tech. info states that if ive been throu everything i have, then the problem that the 2.0 spi has might be mine also... being that the missing cyl. might have carbon build-up on the valves causing it to stick. resulting in; rough idle, loss of power (some but not much)also this will go away over 2000 rps then come back at idle so is this anything someone else has see or sees to be the problem??? also i think i will sue ford mo co for making it so even people with tech. backround to still take it to them... the things they can do with pc's today wouldnt suprise me if they have the ecu setup to do things like this at certain odom. mi.
HEY i know lets make it a class action law suit

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if anyone would like to call me to better understand this its cool...(480)325-0176 ask for les...and please let me know what you dont understand so i can explane it better, bottom line; i tried everything we have talked about in this post and still nothing has worked, still rough idle,still running lean...... is it posable that the jrsc fmu (black box) is not working right??? will the pre cat 02 cause a misfire if it is not reading right ??? again thanks all for your help

·
Registered
358 Posts
The o2 should not be causing the misfire it would cause the engine to run rich but not on only one cylinder and you would be getting a o2 sensor code. I'm betting on that valve, we did everything that you did plugs, wires, coil pack, and still it was misfiring. When we pulled the valve cover there was a rocker arm sitting there. Luckily the valve didn't drop it just wasn't opening.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well isnt p0171 lean on bank 1= ... ... ... precat 02???

·
Registered
712 Posts
When we pulled the valve cover there was a rocker arm sitting there. Luckily the valve didn't drop it just wasn't opening.
Um, dude, the zetec doesn't have rocker arms?? Its a solid tappet "overhead cam" engine.

BUT, if Les pulls the valve cover and there is a rocker arm laying there, that would be the problem

L8r

BJ

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well this was dohc cobra motor I was working on, I didn't realize it was diffrent. Still I would check the intake valves on that cylinder.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OMG
I HAVE BEEN LISTNING TO A GUY THAT THINKS A COBRA DOHC WAS THE SAME AS A 2.0 DOHC...
i though this was maybe supported by some REAL tech's. oh well thanks for the help anyway

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
ok lets think about this. if we have amissfire on cylinder 3 and the pre cat o2 see's that the a/f is too lean. its not a rich misfire its a lean misfire. ie to much air. it could be the injector not firing. but you replaced the injector. since you replaced the injector have you cleared the codes and see if it comes back? mayby reset the ecu. see what happens

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
is your aim the same? also i have reset the ecu btw i have found that the bypass valve on the jrsc is broke at mount( the black plastic diaphram)so i have jr sending me a new 1 ...also keith said (jackson tech) that if the black box is malf. then that could be the prob. also??? so ive checked that too now an nothing... ok im out thx.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts