1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
well worth the crash. same front end as mine. gotta love it

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Ya it sounds messed up, but i also wish that it would happen to me. LOL As long as i dont kill whoever is responsible, i would benefit from t i guess. Good to see you got it all back together. L8er Jon

·
Registered
883 Posts
Same thing happened to my 01,but it was totaled

Worst part is the only damage to the elderlies car was the removal of her bumper.
The upside is I love my 03.

·
Educating Mazda Owners One Thread at a Time
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the guy who hit me just had very minor bumper damage as well. He actually hit my driver's side front, and the passenger's side front damage was from him pushing me into the left rear of a Grand Am that was in the right lane.

Thanks for the comments guys. Keep 'em comin'.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i wanna get hit!!!! all the after market [censored] i want cost less than the oem [censored] damnit. as soon as i get rear ended here comes a euro rear!!

·
Banned
410 Posts
WOW!!! That looks so awsome... The wings west Wtype Side skirts would look badass with that front (the setup I had but never installed) I had the same color too.

Tom2

·
Registered
48 Posts
So how did u aqquire all the euro parts??? - it that a real RS bumper or a replica? - lokks amazing man - you bought the fenders and all

·
Registered
406 Posts
very nice, i almost wish that would happen to me, so I could get an RS frontend!
yeah ive had dreams of this multiple times... just minor enough to get me a new front-end & to see no one hurt!

looing sweet bro!

·
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So how did u aqquire all the euro parts??? - it that a real RS bumper or a replica? - lokks amazing man - you bought the fenders and all
The guy's insurance company wrote the check out to me, so I just told the autobody what parts not to order and then sourced them from ProCarparts, BATinc, Indy, and ZX3tuning. The headlights are TYC SVT replicas from ProCarparts, the grill, fenders, and side repeaters are from BATinc, the window washer fluid resovoir is from Indy, and the bumper, turns, fogs and mesh are from ZX3tuning. The front bumper is the urethane, Ford made European "Collection" bumper. I put LED's in the side repeaters so that they wouldn't look amber when not lit.

Thanks again for the comments. I'm loving the new look and just wish I could come up with the scratch right now to make the performance match. Unfortunately, its kinda tough to get other people's insurance to pay for forced induction

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Your car looks really fantastic.......nice work!!!

·
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How difficult was the install for the RS front bumper?
I don't know from experience, since having someone else wreck my car got the labor paid for, but I do know the body shop had to cut away quite a bit of the front impact bar and remove the crash foam to get it to fit. Some people say that barely any cutting is necessary, while others need a lot. It almost seems like its on a car by car basis.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts