Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a focus, was a long time neon owner. It's a 2005 ZX4 SES, black w/clearcoar, i just washed it for the first time on the weekend and i used a brand new simoniz sheepskin mit. this left light lines that look like little scratches all over the car. I used scratch x, but that didnt work. This pisses me off it's only 2 weeks old and it doesnt look good up close

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have pics of my car, but none close enuff to see the lines, i will have to grab my g/f's camera and get real close. i ahve also talked to other black car owners who have had the same prob, but haven't been able to get rid of them.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
This could be from when the dealership first washed it once it came on their lot. They could have used a brush and left light "spiderwebs" or minor surface scratches on it. I would maybe recommend trying some Meguiar's Cleaner wax or a light compound using a DA polisher with a buffing pad on it.

If in fact, it is what I'm thinking, this should take care of the problem.

dentless dave!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
could u try and say the dealer did it?

if not, listen to zetecgt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This could be from when the dealership first washed it once it came on their lot. They could have used a brush and left light "spiderwebs" or minor surface scratches on it.
this is exactly what it looks like, i have been looking around and have noticed it on many black cars. i picked up the meguiars gold class wax or something like that for black cars, but i thought i would try the scratch x first

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
first, I would try to get the dealership to fix the problem before you got to town on the car...if in fact you have reason to believe that it's their fault.

There is a secret paint warranty most dealers won't tell you about....

dentless dave!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts