Ford Focus Forum banner

light weight wheels

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jaybones 
#1 ·
I'd like to get into autox and am looking for light weight wheels. Not looking for style, just light weight.

Anyone have a recommendation?

#2 ·
17X7 Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 are light (17.7lbs), strong (low pressure casting in England), and look great (if you like the multi-spoke look). Thay have a 45mm offset (great for handling), SVT is 49mm (a bit more conservative), and 40-42 is considered to be pushing it.

#3 ·
Have you thought about which class you're going to run? If you're planning to attend SCCA autocross events, the most popular classes you could run in various prep levels would be: HS, STF, FSP, or SMF. So your best option for wheels will differ by class. My car is prepped for STF, and I run the 13-pound, 15x7.5 Rota Slipstreams.

#5 ·
Already have good rubber, but was thinking about getting some REAL performance tires and light weight wheels. And I would drive my car there, and change "shoes" to run the course. Not thinking racing slicks, just the closest thing I can get to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.